“Excellent Restaurant”
Review of Modavie

Modavie
Reserve with OpenTable
Modavie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 6,372 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: St. Laurent
Transit: Place D'armes Metro
Description: Seven nights a week, local bands take the stage at Montreal's hottest Jazz bar and bistro. Modavie's spirited setting sets the scene for a night of great tunes, top dining and generous pastis toasting. The bistro's far-reaching wine menu hits just the right notes and helps round off succulent lamb, fish, beef and inspired pasta dishes.
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

Modavie is located in an old tavern in Ole Montreal and the atmosphere is wonderful! They had a jazz band playing softly enough that it was enjoyable but you could still hear to talk. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. The food was delicious! I had the melt in your mouth Sea Bass and my husband had the Lamb Chops. We both agreed we would definitely return to this restaurant if we visited Old Montreal again.

1  Thank Tinawc47
Modavie B, Public Relations Manager at Modavie, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for reviewing, Tina! You and your husband are more than welcome to visit us again next time you are in town! All the best, Joanie Bergeron

Write a ReviewReviews (3,974)

Reviewed October 12, 2018

A very busy restaurant. Clearly catering to the masses. Band were quite good, although singing “Happy Birthday” 3 times in the space of 2 hours was tacky and excessive.
We went there primarily for the music - we were not expecting fantastic food. But we did expect reasonable food. How wrong can you be? The restaurant is supposed to specialise in lamb dishes, so I had high hopes for the lamb burger. A burger on a plate with a huge pile of very poor quality frozen fries. Not even a bit of lettuce for decoration. The burger roll was the cheapest, nastiest you could expect. The “burger” was a mass of “pulled” meat, apparently lamb, that had been coated with some sort of sweet sauce. It had a few bits of limp arugula on it and some sort of white stuff ? cheese. A good burger can be great, so can proper fries. To be honest, I think we might have been better going to Mc Donald’s. The poor waitress did her best to provide good service, but she was losing the battle because the food was so bad. A really disappointing evening. Will avoid such places in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

I loved this place. Nice inside. Good food and good (blues the night I was there) music. I would visit again

1  Thank stephen k
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

I was on vacation in Montreal with my family. We went to this place because it was close to our hotel and had hood reviews. It was soooo great that we decided to eat here again the night before we left. Great ambiance, great service, very good food. I recommend the lamb, but we also had moules frites and they were perfect. The live music at night is really nice and they are well prepared for children with high chairs and plenty of space for strollers. Don’t leave Montreal without dining here! (Good also for lunch, but the ambiance at night is special)

1  Thank S6428WVlaurac

Hello Laura, thank you for sharing your amazing review!
We look forward to seeing you again several times during your next trip to Montreal! All the best, Joanie Bergeron

Reviewed October 10, 2018

A business trip last year put me in the Nelligan Hotel (amazing) and turned me on to Modavie just a couple of blocks away. Wow. I ate as many meals as I could there on that trip and brought my wife back to Montreal this year. We had our anniversary dinner there and were served by an amazing guy named Radouan. The food, service and atmosphere are terrific. We came back the next day for lunch because, you know, you can only eat so much at one sitting. The onion soup was superb. As was Monosh our server. What a great place. Can hardly wait to get back to Montreal just for the treat of eating at Modavie.

1  Thank jacktwoodyard