“Noisy music but otherwise a great meal.”
Review of Modavie

Modavie
Reserve with OpenTable
Modavie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 5,927 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: St. Laurent
Transit: Place D'armes Metro
Description: Seven nights a week, local bands take the stage at Montreal's hottest Jazz bar and bistro. Modavie's spirited setting sets the scene for a night of great tunes, top dining and generous pastis toasting. The bistro's far-reaching wine menu hits just the right notes and helps round off succulent lamb, fish, beef and inspired pasta dishes.
Reviewed August 21, 2014

When the band was playing upstairs it was very noisy on the first floor. But when they weren't playing the four of us could carry on a conversation easily. The food was very good and well paced although a little slow at time. I had the "table d'hote" which was excellent from start to finish, I had the foie gras, confit de canard with carmelized onions and tiramisu. I loved it all.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Let me start by saying that this restaurant boasts the best location and curb appeal of every restaurant in the center of Old Port Montreal. The server was so cheerful, helpful, and sweet to our little ones. The food was excellent. We are lunch there. The French onion soup is one of the best I've ever tasted for its cheese blend and rich broth. My daughters had sandwiches that the chef altered to fit their needs-perfect when you have the little ones along. The drink menu was outstanding. Only top shelf are used! This is a classy, friendly dining establishment that I wish I could have stayed longer at. It's a place that encourages you to linger, to slow down in a fast paced world. Merci Modavie!

Reviewed August 20, 2014

We spent our wedding anniversary at Modavie. The proprietor Lorenzo was magnificent! Gave us a great table and an excellent port on the house. We had a wonderful dinner. The live music set the right mood and our waitress was terrific. Try the lamb and local beer. Both were top notch.

1  Thank scbethesda
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Lorenzo warmly greeted us at the door and gave us his recommendations. The braised lamb was fabulous, and the home-made bolognese sauce was delicious . The amazing service combined with great food and excellent entertainment makes Le Modavie a must when visiting Montreal.

- Alexandra

1  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed August 20, 2014

My husband, our 2 kids and I enjoyed a delicious late lunch at Modavie. The live music added to the European ambience in this Old Montreal gem. Why I mention the kids is that I have often experienced bistros not offering kid friendly dishes, while our host at Modavie offered to make a dish to our kids' preference. They chose pasta and enjoyed every bite, especially being freshly made on site! Nick was very friendly and welcoming to us for our visit, ensuring our experience was a memorable one.