“Words escape me”
Review of Modavie

Modavie
Reserve with OpenTable
Modavie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 5,710 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian, French, European, Wine Bar, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: St. Laurent
Transit: Place D'armes Metro
Description: Seven nights a week, local bands take the stage at Montreal's hottest Jazz bar and bistro. Modavie's spirited setting sets the scene for a night of great tunes, top dining and generous pastis toasting. The bistro's far-reaching wine menu hits just the right notes and helps round off succulent lamb, fish, beef and inspired pasta dishes.
Leeds
“Words escape me”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Live music - awesome
Beautiful inside
Stunning staff and service meet the owner he will be there too
Love the lamb it's their houses special
Try the deserts if not watch them getting prepared
Beautiful inside and try get a window seat in summer. Sit down stairs more character but to be fare eating there 4 times any where is GORGIOUS

Visited October 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cork, Ireland
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We were in Montreal for 5 days and were so impressed by the food that we came back a second night which we never do. The lamb as recommended was excellent. It also had a great atmosphere with the jazz.

• Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
“My favourite place in Montreal”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I love Modavie. I don't live in Montreal, but whenever I visit I make sure I get a chance to pop in for a meal, or at least for a glass of wine, and a chance to visit with Catherine. When I first started coming Catherine was behind the bar, and was a really warm and welcoming host, who knew her drinks, made great food recommendations, and even when really busy, could find a couple of moments to spare to chat. So why write this review now? Well, it's been a couple of years since I've last gotten to Montreal, but I got there recently with some friends for just one evening, and told them all we had to go to Modavie for dinner. They all agreed and we had a fantastic time. Catherine is no longer behind the bar but is now serving tables, and as always, she was just fantastic, making good recommendations which we took, checking in regularly, even on what looked like a busy night. The food as always was delicious, the jazz was fantastic, and the service was spectacular. Thanks Catherine for making our one dinner in Montreal a great one. We'll definitely be back the next time we are in town.

• Visited July 2014
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Very Enjoyable Evening”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a very nice evening here earlier this week. The owner, Lorenzo, was very friendly and helpful. He sat us at a nice table downstairs so we could enjoy the live jazz music being played during dinner. I highly recommend the calamari for an appetizer. It was excellent - lightly breaded with two different sauces. I ordered the rack of lamb and my wife ordered the lamb ragu with cavatelli. Lamb is Lorenzo's specialty and both were very tasty. We also had a very nice bottle of wine. Dinner at Modavie is a must when in Old Montreal.

Visited August 2014
Toronto, Canada
“SOO CHARMING”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Great location...great music... patio was fun to watch world go by....sarah was great.. the steak frites was overcooked... but still tender and tastey....

Visited August 2014