“Very Enjoyable Evening”
Review of Modavie

Modavie
Reserve with OpenTable
Modavie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 5,712 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian, French, European, Wine Bar, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: St. Laurent
Transit: Place D'armes Metro
Description: Seven nights a week, local bands take the stage at Montreal's hottest Jazz bar and bistro. Modavie's spirited setting sets the scene for a night of great tunes, top dining and generous pastis toasting. The bistro's far-reaching wine menu hits just the right notes and helps round off succulent lamb, fish, beef and inspired pasta dishes.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Very Enjoyable Evening”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a very nice evening here earlier this week. The owner, Lorenzo, was very friendly and helpful. He sat us at a nice table downstairs so we could enjoy the live jazz music being played during dinner. I highly recommend the calamari for an appetizer. It was excellent - lightly breaded with two different sauces. I ordered the rack of lamb and my wife ordered the lamb ragu with cavatelli. Lamb is Lorenzo's specialty and both were very tasty. We also had a very nice bottle of wine. Dinner at Modavie is a must when in Old Montreal.

Visited August 2014

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“SOO CHARMING”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Great location...great music... patio was fun to watch world go by....sarah was great.. the steak frites was overcooked... but still tender and tastey....

Visited August 2014
New York City, New York
“Excellent Food, Vibe, & Atmosphere. Live Jazz.”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Modavie goes out of their way to make you feel at home. Service is outstanding. It's in a great section of Old Montreal. Lorenzo makes sure your visit is satisfying and memorable. Our waitress was excellent. At first look I would say it's more of a restaurant for adults, but Lorenzo is so welcoming to the kids to make it an excellent family choice. My dinner and dessert was very good to excellent. It's not inexpensive (nor too expensive), but worth it. Very good wine and beer selection. Live jazz musicians (they're not too loud) are the icing on the cake. I will definitely go back next time I'm in Montreal.

• Visited August 2014
“Excellent food and excellent service”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were in Montreal for 10 days and ate at a number of different restaurants. Modavie was best meal we had. I had the lamb chops which were perfectly cooked and nicely seasoned. We went back and I had the Duck Confit which was also very good. The side dishes we choose were all also excellent.

Ottawa, Canada
“Great service and atmosphere”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great little restaurant in the Old Port. Delicious food, live jazz music and fantastic service. Special note to the Maitre De, Lorenzo, who goes above and beyond to personalize your experience. What a great guy, he charmed my 2 year old by plying her with olives.....she loved it, and then even came outside the restaurant to say goodbye to her. Second time to go here and would go back again.