“Must try when in Old Port~”
Review of Modavie

Modavie
Reserve with OpenTable
Modavie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 5,948 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: St. Laurent
Transit: Place D'armes Metro
Description: Seven nights a week, local bands take the stage at Montreal's hottest Jazz bar and bistro. Modavie's spirited setting sets the scene for a night of great tunes, top dining and generous pastis toasting. The bistro's far-reaching wine menu hits just the right notes and helps round off succulent lamb, fish, beef and inspired pasta dishes.
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The ambience, service, music, drinks, food was amazing. It was comfortable without being stuffy.
Pros: Live band, beautifully done, great location, no cover charge. Easy reservation. Really good food. Yes, Lamb is their speciality. Pls, do try it. Cons: The ONLY let down was their dessert. The Tiramisu was a HUGE let down. No good restaurant should make it with whipped cream and call it a Tiramisu. Should have gone for the Chocolate Ganache w. Ice cream but I was too stuffed.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,372)

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I happened into one of the most lovely evenings I've ever had at Modavie last night. It is a gorgeous restaurant that is perfect for a group or a single person like me looking for a nice place to have dinner at the bar. Manager Lorenzo is very dedicated to making sure that each customer's experience is wonderful and Sonia at the bar is as sweet and kind as she is efficient and talented. As for my meal, the filet was cooked perfectly, in a way that brought heaven just a little closer to earth as I enjoyed every bite. The warm chocolate fondant dessert was also one of the most satisfying desserts I've ever had. To tie it all in a bow, the music at Modavie is just beautiful. Not too loud, so you can speak to dining partners, but you feel as if you've been transported to Paris for the evening. I could not recommend Modavie more highly!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We arrived without a reservation on a busy night but two different (and very busy) people - the bartender and the owner - made it their business to accommodate us. Modavie has a great atmosphere: there was live jazz playing to a lively and friendly crowd. The service was great and the food wonderful. We have already made plans to go back.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This place came highly recommended from a local friend and also by our hotel. The live jazz duo were great and at just the right volume even when we were sitting next to them! The service was attentive and the food enjoyable without being remarkable. The best thing about the restaurant was that it would be good for any occasion or any number of people - busy enough to be pleasant if you're dining alone, but great for couples or groups also. I went with my 11 year-old daughter and we both left happy.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had an lovely evening at Modavie last night. The food was amazing and the music was delightful. My husband had the lamb shank, I had the mushroom risotto and we both loved it. Thanks to Lorenzo for accommodating us! We will be back.