“Modavie - Lamb”
Review of Modavie

Modavie
Reserve with OpenTable
Modavie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 5,816 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: St. Laurent
Transit: Place D'armes Metro
Description: Seven nights a week, local bands take the stage at Montreal's hottest Jazz bar and bistro. Modavie's spirited setting sets the scene for a night of great tunes, top dining and generous pastis toasting. The bistro's far-reaching wine menu hits just the right notes and helps round off succulent lamb, fish, beef and inspired pasta dishes.
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Modavie - Lamb”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Every time I come to Montreal for work, I make it to Modavie. The food and atmosphere are excellent. I always get the Lamb. It is the very best Lamb chops I have ever had. They do a very simple lemon/rosemary/olive oil seasoning but the quality of the lamb is amazing. In addition to the great food they have live music every night of the week. Make sure Modavie is on your list!

• Visited February 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We walked in without a reservation and we were still able to have a great time. We were seated right away and the food was great. The staff was welcoming and accommodating and the manager, Lorenzo, was wonderful. It was a great place for our first night in Montreal and we would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable casual meal.

1 Thank Ballard08
Pickering, Canada
“Get the Lamb!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was recommended by my hotel to try this restaurant. They told me it was the place to go for the best lamb. Arriving at the restaurant we were greeted and seated promptly. There is a beautiful atmosphere and wonderful dinner music. Our server was kind and informative. She too recommended the lamb. As a lamb lover my menu choice was simple...I got the lamb chops. They were hands down the best piece of meat i have ever had in a restaurant. Cooked and seasoned to perfection. The chops were accompanied by robust potatoes and vegetables. Dessert was just as good. I do not typically order a dessert but our server informed us the chef just prepared a Tiramisu. It was excellent. The owner was very friendly and made an effort to ensure our meal was to our liking. The serving size was very generous and well worth the price. Located in Old Montreal it is a must stop for anyone looking for a hearty, mouth watering piece of lamb. I highly recommend and would go out of my way to go back.
-Skylor

Dallas, United States
“Awesome!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This restaurant is awesome! Great jazz, great service and great food. The owner walked around and checked on us frequently. Their onion soup is really good!

Montreal, Canada
“Ambience”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Welcoming, warm, and relaxing on a chilly spring Sunday evening in Vieux-Port Montreal. The owner, Lorenzo, made us feel like we were family visiting from out of town. Rack of lamb with goat cheese and salmon trout were both cooked perfectly. Female jazz singer with electric guitarist made our evening enjoyment complete.
Pete and Patti