“Great service and fantastic food.”
Review of Modavie

Modavie
Reserve with OpenTable
Modavie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 5,852 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: St. Laurent
Transit: Place D'armes Metro
Description: Seven nights a week, local bands take the stage at Montreal's hottest Jazz bar and bistro. Modavie's spirited setting sets the scene for a night of great tunes, top dining and generous pastis toasting. The bistro's far-reaching wine menu hits just the right notes and helps round off succulent lamb, fish, beef and inspired pasta dishes.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Lorenzo (owner) and his team at Modavie outdid themselves with phenomenal service and great food for our group of 6. Perfectly cooked meats accompanied by wine selections informed by Lorenzo's advice made for a fantastic evening. Modavie has a true bistro vibe, with a decor that matches perfectly for a night out amongst friends or a romantic dinner for two. I'll be back often.

1  Thank DanInWaterloo
There are newer reviews for Modavie

Reviewed February 24, 2014

On a business trip to Montreal, our small group stopped at Bistro Le Modavie for dinner on a Monday night. We had called ahead for reservations. You should ask to sit donwstairs, as that is where the jazz is played. Our experience was wonderful. The jazz was light and airy and complemented dinner well. They have a full menu, but specialize in lamb. I had the rack of lamb, and it was great. The service was top-notch, as well. Lorenzo as maitre d' was entertaining and engaging. The waitress was well-informed and all-around awesome. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We tried Modavie again on our latest trip to Montreal. This time we didn't go to listen to the band, just went for supper downstairs.

The whole experience was great. Lorenzo help make the night fun, the "fun" wine was good, as well as the meal.

Excellent service, nice atmosphere, the host (Lorenzo) and waiter made the evening enjoyable.

Glad we tried again and had a complete opposite experience.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I live in Calgary and have traveled to Montreal 3 times in the last 18 months for conferences, after never having been here before. I discovered Modavie with my husband on the first trip, and we loved it so much that I have come back on each of my other two trips (once with colleagues and once alone). The food is always outstanding and you couldn't ask for better ambiance with their beautiful decor and live jazz. Tonight I was on my own for dinner, and I couldn't think of a better place to go than Modavie - this time I sat at the bar and had work to do, but at least I still got to enjoy everything I love about this restaurant as I worked! Thank you Lorenzo for a wonderful experience every time. I have recommended this restaurant to many friends and colleagues visiting Montreal, and I look forward to coming back again the next time I find myself in this beautiful city!

Bruno P, General Manager at Modavie, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience!
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you appreciated every moment of it!
We are looking forward to having you back soon again.

Thanks.

Bruno

Reviewed February 19, 2014

If you are new in town or just bored and you are looking for something to do on a Sunday night, look no more. My girlfriend and I went to Modavie's last Sunday night and let me tell you it did not disappoint. The live jazz music was awesome not to mention the amazing and wonderful staff. Jamie who is more than just a waitress and barmaid made me the best Cafe Modavie in town. Don't know what that is well you will just have to go there and ask her to make you one. Not to mention Lorenzo. If you do end up going there please tell him that Karen sent you. Lorenzo made us feel like we were right at home. We will definitely be back there soon. Thank you xoxxo