“Looking for something new on a Sunday night”
Review of Modavie

Modavie
Reserve with OpenTable
Modavie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 5,993 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: St. Laurent
Transit: Place D'armes Metro
Description: Seven nights a week, local bands take the stage at Montreal's hottest Jazz bar and bistro. Modavie's spirited setting sets the scene for a night of great tunes, top dining and generous pastis toasting. The bistro's far-reaching wine menu hits just the right notes and helps round off succulent lamb, fish, beef and inspired pasta dishes.
Reviewed February 19, 2014

If you are new in town or just bored and you are looking for something to do on a Sunday night, look no more. My girlfriend and I went to Modavie's last Sunday night and let me tell you it did not disappoint. The live jazz music was awesome not to mention the amazing and wonderful staff. Jamie who is more than just a waitress and barmaid made me the best Cafe Modavie in town. Don't know what that is well you will just have to go there and ask her to make you one. Not to mention Lorenzo. If you do end up going there please tell him that Karen sent you. Lorenzo made us feel like we were right at home. We will definitely be back there soon. Thank you xoxxo

Write a ReviewReviews (3,474)

Reviewed February 19, 2014

It was excellent...We have had many outstanding meals in our lives, and this was right up there. The ambiance, service, friendliness of the owner brought the whole experience up several notches. The lamb dishes we had were wonderful; tiramisu dessert was fabulous, and the salad to start was terrific. The wine list was excellent and we were pleased to see a really excellent French wine available by the glass. The music was a wonderful addition to the whole evening. Very high quality jazz singer accompanied by a great guitar.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Came here because of Tripadvisor reviews. Ordered the fowl and it was extremely dry. The fresh fish was mediocre. The escargot was bland. Lorenzo(owner/manager) was very friendly and apologized for the dish. He offered to cook me another dish, but I kindly declined. He quickly took it off my bill. Service was superb. Hopefully food will be better next time.

Bruno P, General Manager at Modavie, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

We are sorry to hear that the food did not live up to your expectations but are delighted to hear that you had superb service.
Your comments are very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams.

Best Regards,

Bruno

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Fantastic food, atmosphere and service, really enjoyed the relaxed setting, and the live Jazz was just great. Really enjoyed the evening and the owner was warm, friendly and welcoming ... A must if you come to Montreal!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Lorenzo Baldassarre was an amazing and very accommodating maître d'. He was gracious and helpful and came around our table a few times to make sure everything was perfect. He was more than welcome to move our table upstairs to be closer to the music and sat us right in front of the band. My friend and I both ordered pasta dishes, and we were very pleased! The pasta was cooked perfectly, and my pesto tasted well balanced. The portions were large. I couldn't finish it! I was really happy with the large wine selection, and they have prosecco, so I was very pleased about that. The service was great as well! I wish I knew my waiter's name but the whole staff was fantastic. We went on a Friday evening, and although the upstairs was very busy, the downstairs was much quieter and more intimate. We were so happy to experience both environments. The blues band was GREAT! The 3 gentlemen playing did a wonderful job. I would definitely recommend, and I hope I'll return soon. It's in such a great location as well. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this place at all :)