“Amazing, simply amazing!!”
Review of Modavie

Modavie
Reserve with OpenTable
Modavie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 5,769 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: St. Laurent
Transit: Place D'armes Metro
Description: Seven nights a week, local bands take the stage at Montreal's hottest Jazz bar and bistro. Modavie's spirited setting sets the scene for a night of great tunes, top dining and generous pastis toasting. The bistro's far-reaching wine menu hits just the right notes and helps round off succulent lamb, fish, beef and inspired pasta dishes.
Laval, Canada
“Amazing, simply amazing!!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is probably by far one of the best experience I've ever had in a restaurant!! Food was delicious! (Have the lamb!!) and what a great and warm welcome by Lorenzo, the owner! Staff was attentive, and the service was impeccable. Let's not forget about the live jazz singer, Miss Sophie Tremblay! One of the sweet voice from Quebec's "Les Misérables"!! She brought even more magic to the yet fresh and unique atmosphere. I couldn't ask for more on my special one's birthday!! Thank you, Lorenzo!! We will definitely be back!
Alexandra B

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sebringville Ontario
“thanks Lorenzo and staff”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Wonderful dinner in Old Montreal on Feb 2, 2014. Great atmosphere, great jazz, great food. Our first visit to Montreal and we loved it. And I know that we will head to Modavie every time we visit in the future.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Great evening.”

Hi.

The food, the music and the service was great. My friend was in from Toronto and her b-day was the following Sunday. The band sang Happy B-day and she was brought a piece of cake. Lorenzo the maitre'd was excellent.

Kim

• Visited October 2013
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Great location, live jazz, charming/rustic”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The food is very good, but what's best of all is the overall atmosphere of the place and the friendly staff. My wife and I both had the braised lamb in a puff pastry and there is plenty of it. The manager was very friendly (Lorenzo I believe) and the wait staff are very efficient and friendly as well. I would go back

Visited February 2014
Albany, New York
“LOVED IT”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The food was out of this world delicious! I went with 3 of my girlfriends, two of which are extremely picky eaters--they loved what they ordered. I had the Guinea Fowl and was amazed at how tasty it was. The service was also fantastic, the owner Lorenzo instantly made us feel welcome and checked up on us during the night to make sure we were having a good experience. The waitress was attentive and the staff were good about dietary restrictions. The environment is also very nice, we went on a Saturday and they had a live band--just the right volume and style to make you feel sophisticated and awesome. Would definitely go again! :)