“Lamb and a Wheel of Goat Cheese”
Review of Modavie

Modavie
Reserve with OpenTable
Modavie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 5,719 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: St. Laurent
Transit: Place D'armes Metro
Description: Seven nights a week, local bands take the stage at Montreal's hottest Jazz bar and bistro. Modavie's spirited setting sets the scene for a night of great tunes, top dining and generous pastis toasting. The bistro's far-reaching wine menu hits just the right notes and helps round off succulent lamb, fish, beef and inspired pasta dishes.
“Lamb and a Wheel of Goat Cheese”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Well, you know, lamb in Quebec is generally fantastic, but we've traveled from the U.S. to Montreal twice and both times we had to go to this restaurant just for the rack of lamb. It's served with a saucer sized wheel of goat cheese, and the whole thing is decadent and worth the trip. the restaurant itself if nice--not too fancy--and there is usually live jazz at night. The rest of the meal is great, but the rack of lamb is the thing to write home about.

Bruno P, General Manager at Modavie, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience in our restaurant!
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you appreciated our house specialty, the lamb!
We are looking forward to having you back again soon.

Regards :)

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
montreal
“Not the 9th best restaurant in Montreal for sure”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The bar looks nice and I would go back to this establishment only for a drink or two The food was okay but not out of this world. I had fish and it was very...."fishy". The stairs leading down to the bathrooms really stink. There is chipped paint everywhere...but it doesn't give it that "rustic" look it's going for, but more a neglected feel. The wooden chairs are wobbly and not comfortable. It was truly one deception after the other. Really can't understand how this place ranked in the top 10 in Montreal since in my humble opinion, there are no cities with more amazing restaurants in north America.

• Visited November 2013
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I visited Montreal with my teen children and was a little shy about coming to Modavie, but it was an absolutely wonderful experience....Lorenzo, yes, was warm and welcoming...a delight and our meals were outstanding. I wouldn't even know where to start...As a family, we really recommend the spinach and beet salad (my daughter swooned), the duck confit (my son was speechless and licking his fingers) and the lamb cavelli (I cannot describe how delicious this was)...and that's not all. Everything we had was perfect; the service was wonderful; the atmosphere was just perfect and the jazz we could hear wafting down from upstairs was divine. Go to Modavie if you are in Old Montreal!

L'Ile-Perrot, Canada
“Great food and some jazz, a recipe for a memorable evening ~”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My friends and I spent a fantastic evening @ Modavie on Saturday January 5th, where we were treated superbly by Lorenzo ~ The restaurant is ideally located in Old Mtl steps from the waterfront and along rue St Paul...the ambiance inside is cozy and inviting and you can listen to live music played in front of you (ask to be seated in the jazz section if you want to be close, its either upstairs or downstairs depending on the night). The menu has many choices that can please any size group and tastes.....I chose the lamb chops and they were excellent, my friends ordered the mussels and duck confit plates and enjoyed them immensely as well ~
I highly recommend visiting this bistro when in Old Montreal as you wil not be disappointed from the warm welcome Lorenzo gives you to the attentive wait staff and the great food !

• Visited January 2014
Fishers, Indiana
“Lorenzo”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My family and I were welcomed by Lorenzo, and just as everyone else has says, he was extremely electrifying and debonair. His spaghetti Bolgonese was the best I've ever had (Lorenzo told me to say that, but it is true!!!!) and the live jazz singer was magnificent. I would without a doubt revisit this restaurant if I got the opportunity! But make a reservation ! It is in high demand !!
- Lauren