“Fun Night!”
Review of Modavie

Modavie
Reserve with OpenTable
Modavie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 5,712 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian, French, European, Wine Bar, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: St. Laurent
Transit: Place D'armes Metro
Description: Seven nights a week, local bands take the stage at Montreal's hottest Jazz bar and bistro. Modavie's spirited setting sets the scene for a night of great tunes, top dining and generous pastis toasting. The bistro's far-reaching wine menu hits just the right notes and helps round off succulent lamb, fish, beef and inspired pasta dishes.
Montreal, Canada
“Fun Night!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Went for the first time not knowing that we had to specify when reserving a table to be in view of the band which is on the second floor....we were disappointed at first knowing this, however, Lorenzo and his hostess, went completely out of their way to help us out and make sure we had the best table possible. So we found a nice table downstairs and ended up being treated like family. His pleasantries and the food made our night memorable. Will definitely return again! From Tony and Rosanna :)

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Westchester County
“Food + Music + Terrific Night”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Modavie combines very good food with excellent live jazz & blues music (sit upstairs) for a very enjoyable dinner in a terrific location in the heart of Old Montreal. Lorenzo the maitre de stresses service and it shows. Add in very reasonable prices and Modavie makes for an excellent choice.

• Visited August 2013
Vienna, VA USA
“Dinner & jazz”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were seated promptly for our weeknight reservation. The restaurants is two bustling floors, busy even midweek.

The rack of lamb here is a standout. My son's serving of six ribs was cooked precisely to his order for medium-rare, and an excellent cut that was tender, even for lamb rib chops. But for $38 you expect a lot. I ordered the daily catch, but the waitress told me they were out. She offered halibut as a replacement, which I gladly ordered. It turned out to be a grave disappointment, with an attractive presentation but ineptly far overcooked, tough and dry. Under other circumstances I would have sent it back but I just didn't have the energy that night to deal with it.

The noise level is high here; the waitress had to walk around to my side of the table to be heard over the din. There was live music, though the solo artist was more smooth R&B than the jazz they promote.

Dinner for four, including two cocktails, one glass of wine, one appetizer, four main courses came to 135 CAD, plus 15% tax, plus tip.

• Visited July 2013
colorado
“noisy fun bistro atmosphere”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I believe the specialty is lamb, and my other half did love his lamb chops. I opted for a fish of the day and was not that impressed. It was a fun place though, and I would try it again, and recommend it.

Visited August 2013
Vald'or
“Food, service, music”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

In short, We will return!
Our server Antoine was perfect, friendly enough, we will request his section.
The musician on Wednesday was very good and well balanced.
The food was above average, I asked for some extras and got charged but very reasonably.
I had the grilled lamb, wow! Very tasty and a large portion, if you do not have a bog appetite just share it with a couple appetizers.
The wine list is respectable and has a range to fit every budget.

• Visited August 2013