“Thank you Lorenzo!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Modavie

Modavie
Reserve with OpenTable
Modavie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 5,678 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian, French, European, Wine Bar, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: St. Laurent
Transit: Place D'armes Metro
Description: Seven nights a week, local bands take the stage at Montreal's hottest Jazz bar and bistro. Modavie's spirited setting sets the scene for a night of great tunes, top dining and generous pastis toasting. The bistro's far-reaching wine menu hits just the right notes and helps round off succulent lamb, fish, beef and inspired pasta dishes.
Montreal, Canada
“Thank you Lorenzo!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

7.30 pmand just arrived in Montreal we were looking for a nice meal before watching the fireworks and stumbled on Modavie. It was buzzing with atmosphere, a live band laying upstairs and bustling with energy but unfortunately full! However, Lorenzo, the manager, found us a beautiful table for two where the very attentive and charming Emily looked after us. Our meal of Rillettes and Foie Gras followed by Truite Almondine and Confit de Canard washed down by a bottle of Mission Hill Pinot Blanc was delicious and served at a very nice pace. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience and also the fireworks afterwords. Thank you Lorenzo for fitting us in!

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
“good food, sloooooow service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The food was fine, but 2 hours and 45 minuted later, the service left much to be desired. Maybe it was the crowd, but regardless, it took so long, that when we finally saw our waiter again, we skipped the included dessert in hopes of actually getting our bill paid in time to get some sleep. Won't be back.

Orlando, Florida
“Great Food and Perfect Location in Old Montreal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

This restaurant is perfect for those staying in Old Montreal. Our hotel (Le Petit Hotel) was down the street, so it was just a short walk away. I had made a dinner reservation for two through OpenTable, and the Maitre'd seated us right away at a table by a window. The atmosphere was great - live jazz music coming from upstairs and the steady stream of locals and tourists walking by our window. The food was excellent! While our waitress could have been a little more attentive, she was adequate. I would recommend to anyone visiting this area.

• Visited June 2013
Canada
“Disappointing Anniversary Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I went to Modavie for dinner on our five-year wedding anniversary on Friday July 12, 2013. I made the reservation two weeks earlier (June 28) via OpenTable (an online reservation system) and requested that we be seated within view of the live music. We arrived on the day of the reservation and were seated downstairs. As this was my first time at the restaurant I sat down where instructed and began to read the wine menu. When I noticed that there was no stage downstairs I asked our server if the performers were upstairs. He told us that the music was upstairs but there was no space for us there. He said that people make reservations up to two weeks in advance to ensure they get a table upstairs. I told him that I had made my reservation two weeks in advance but he ignored my comment. I would have caused more of a fuss had my wife not intervened. When it was time to order I asked if we could get a vegetarian option for the table d’hôte meal and was told that it was not possible. I cannot understand how a restaurant would refuse to substitute a vegetarian entrée into the table d’hôte especially given that the vegetarian items on the menu are less expensive than the non-vegetarian items. I ended up ordering the pesto penne and my wife ordered the mushroom risotto. Overall, the food was fine but I was so put off by the service that we left before dessert. I would not use OpenTable again to make a reservation because my seating request was never acknowledged. I would also not recommend Modavie because of their inability to accommodate my very simple request.

Nassau City, New Providence, The Bahamas
“Personal Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

the Owner personally greeted us and seated us at a very good table, overlooking the street. When we returned the next night and 3 nights later, he remembered us and again we were seated at the same table. Food was perfect, atmosphere amazing; live music and home cooked meals! They even catered to my vegetarian requests, at no extra charge.

Visited June 2013