“MODAVIE is very enjoyable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Modavie

Modavie
Reserve with OpenTable
Modavie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 5,656 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian, French, European, Wine Bar, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: St. Laurent
Transit: Place D'armes Metro
Description: Seven nights a week, local bands take the stage at Montreal's hottest Jazz bar and bistro. Modavie's spirited setting sets the scene for a night of great tunes, top dining and generous pastis toasting. The bistro's far-reaching wine menu hits just the right notes and helps round off succulent lamb, fish, beef and inspired pasta dishes.
Laval, Canada
“MODAVIE is very enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were 6 people last night, dining and enjoying a lovely evening accompanied by a good jazz band. The ambiance is very cozy, the music not too loud (which is a very nice change to many restaurants...) and the food was delicious. I had very tasty meal: duck, accompanied by the best Tiramisu you can find in Montreal! Lorenzo, the maitre D, is one of the finest gentleman. He his there to greet you, comes to check that all is going smoothly and greets you farewell. Thank you to the team at Modavie for a lovely evening.
Sylvie

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kitchener, Canada
“Lived Up To Its Reputation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were in Old Montreal for five days so lots of choices to eat. Of course we often use TripAdvisor to view potential restaurants but this day we were just walking by and decided to stop in for an early dinner. We both ordered the spaghetti bolognese and found it to be cooked perfectly. Nice and firm and not soggy like so many other restaurants. One thing I look for is the bottom of the dish and when there is ample water there I know the spaghetti has not been drained properly. This order for both of us was free from any dampness and there was ample tasty sauce. Lorenzo ( manager/owner?) was super nice and we saw him visiting all of our tables. A nice touch. I am putting this restaurant on my return visit list for the next time I am in old Montreal.

1 Thank AdvisorOntario
Montreal
“TRY THE LAMB!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Try the rack of lamb. THE best in Montreal. That’s all I have to say. I went there to try it and everyone who inspired me to try it was right. It exceeded all expectations. I tried the rack with got cheese on veggies. PERFECTION.
(You know when everyone tells you how good it is and your expectations get higher and higher? You usually have built up such expectations that you end up being disappointed? Well, not in this case.)
Service was impeccable, jazz was live and well-appreciated.

Boston, Massachusetts
“A great dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Lorenzo was a fabulous host. We were celebrating a 90th birthday and he was so attentive to the birthday lady. The lamb chops looked great and those who had them said they were excellent. I had the bolognese, which was better than what I've had in the North End of Boston. I would recommend it. The live music was good and did not overpower the conversation. We will be back next time we are in Montreal.

Berkshire, Massachusetts
“Good food, good jazz”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We ate upstairs where the jazz trio was performing, which was really lovely. Food was good, too. And we had a really delicious cocktail - I believe it was the pernot cosmo.

Visited April 2013