“A perfect night out”
Review of Modavie

Modavie
Reserve with OpenTable
Modavie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 5,710 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian, French, European, Wine Bar, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: St. Laurent
Transit: Place D'armes Metro
Description: Seven nights a week, local bands take the stage at Montreal's hottest Jazz bar and bistro. Modavie's spirited setting sets the scene for a night of great tunes, top dining and generous pastis toasting. The bistro's far-reaching wine menu hits just the right notes and helps round off succulent lamb, fish, beef and inspired pasta dishes.
Leesburg, Virginia USA
“A perfect night out”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This has to be one of best nights in Montreal . We ate upstairs near the band who provided a blend of perfect music. Waiter was at attentive and helped us with great selections. Lorenzo the owner came to our table and was gracious and made us feel at home. Food was great and well presented. I certainly enjoyed the red snapper and my wife had mussels in a wine sauce. The band played a song upon my request, and we even had an impromptu dance as we enjoyed our 50th anniversary night here. Crowd was of all ages and friendly. Try it and you will not be disappointed. Just don't forget to make reservations.

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rochester, New York, United States
“Modavie rocks!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Had the best night in Montreal at this restaurant. Waiter was attentive and courteous. Live music was absolutely amazing- they took our song requests and we loved them. The specialty lamb was perfect and the waiter kept up with our drink requests. Lorenzo was our man- warm and welcoming. A must go to restaurant!!!

Winnipeg, Canada
“Great food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had the pleasure of dinning at Modavie last week while visiting Montreal. This restaurant has a varied menue, my husband and I were both very pleased with our selections. In addition to the food the owner was very friendly, kind and was great with our 20 month old daughter. Lastly, the live music was great... the icing on the cake!

Visited March 2013
“Excellent Restaurant in Old Montreal”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Happened into Modavie while in Montreal for business. Restaurant has an intimate "bistro" feel to it with a wonderful staff. While lamb is their signature dish with Easter drawing nearI opted for a steak in a peppercorn sauce . It was wonderful, cooked perfectly medium rare and I thought fairly priced. A wide variety of appetizers to choose from (I had a wonderful pate) and salads.

As 7pm drew near they even had an excellent jazz duet playing. Do yourself a favor and stop in, ask for Lorenzo, he is the convivial host. I go to Montreal frequently and this is definately one of the best.

New York, New York, United States
“Excellent!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My family and I just had a great time at Modavie in Montreal! The service, live music and food were off the charts good. I had the lamb chops and I must say that they were the best I've ever eaten. Run to this restaurant!!