“Great Dinner”
Review of Modavie

Modavie
Reserve with OpenTable
Modavie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 5,816 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: St. Laurent
Transit: Place D'armes Metro
Description: Seven nights a week, local bands take the stage at Montreal's hottest Jazz bar and bistro. Modavie's spirited setting sets the scene for a night of great tunes, top dining and generous pastis toasting. The bistro's far-reaching wine menu hits just the right notes and helps round off succulent lamb, fish, beef and inspired pasta dishes.
Webster, New York
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We just returned from Montreal. We had dinner here on a Tuesday night and it was fantastic. Great wine selection and fantastic food and music. In the heart of Old Montreal...so quaint and beautiful! We had chicken picatta and lamb chops....both were fantastic!

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Excellent dinner...wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Montreal and stopped at Modavie for dinner. We were seated by Lorenzo who took the time during our dinner to come over and make sure everything was okay. We both had the french onion soup which was delicious. We each had a pasta dish and they were both delicious. We shared a chocolate mousse cake for desert which was too die for...next time I'm starting with desert.

• Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, Great service, Great music”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Great food, Great service, Great music.
Sat upstairs and really enjoyed the music. Must try the Brie appetizer. Loved it.

New York City, New York
“AMAZING PLACE-excellent food/service/music & atmosphere”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Visited Modavie Presidents weekend with my husband. Lorenzo was a great host. We enjoyed a great lunch-red bean soup, warm fresh bread rolls & chicken club on brioche with french fries...after a trek on a freezing cold day around Montreal,it was the perfect. Terrific value for $11. The beer is also great! We tried 2 local brews. The interior is french bistro with a beautiful wood bar & large wine selection. We went back that night for dessert-apple pie a la mode & creme brulee with coffee. Some live jazz was a perfect way to end our weekend..We will definitely return on our next trip to Montreal.

• Visited February 2013
Toronto
“Good food, very slow service!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Went for lunch February 19 with my 6 yr old son after skating at old Montreal port. Needed food. Lentil Soup came fast then everything else was so slow. Finally my son is flopping around and whaling so I stopped a man, I think he owned the place or was the manager. He said two minutes. So my son counted to 60 x 2. Still no food!

When food came it was good, too bad both our moods were ruined by then. I pointed this out to waiter & "man". Nothing! In my business, I would do something to change the mood, but, no, nothing.