“good but...”
Review of Modavie

Modavie
Reserve with OpenTable
Modavie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 5,944 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: St. Laurent
Transit: Place D'armes Metro
Description: Seven nights a week, local bands take the stage at Montreal's hottest Jazz bar and bistro. Modavie's spirited setting sets the scene for a night of great tunes, top dining and generous pastis toasting. The bistro's far-reaching wine menu hits just the right notes and helps round off succulent lamb, fish, beef and inspired pasta dishes.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

we did not catch any live music with our 6 pm reservations on the ground floor, although we were there past the music start at 7. Food was pretty good. I have to say though, with tons of little restaurants on rue St Paul O, I'm not sure why Modavie really stands out. I found it through tripadvisor, and I think a lot of other people did too because the 3 tables next to us were also full of tourists. Although the food and experience were fine, I would in hindsight preferred to have gone to a more 'local' place.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,369)

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Food good, service excellent, and prices, for a fairly expensive city, reasonable. The jazz trio playing created a pleasing atmosphere.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Upon arrival we were informed directly by the maitre de that they did not honour their resevations. He did make sure we got a drink in short order. We were eventually seated one hour late. Drinks were ok. Food was barely acceptable. Entertainment was really good and made the evening ok. After thisexperience I am going to stop listening to concierges and friends and pick my own restaurants in Montreal.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

It isn't often that you get a real sense that your server cares. Not just about about the table, but about our whole experience. You made our night Radouan; thank you.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Good food, good wine, terrific location and beautiful music make for a very romantic evening. We were visiting Montreal for my birthday and saw so many good reviews here of Modavie that we decided to go- so glad we did. We must mention we were greeted by Lorenzo and had exceptional service by Phanna- thank you both. I had the lamb stew dish layered with puff pastry and it was delicious.The Creme Brulee was one of the best I ever had. Thanks again, can't wait to return!