“Great but don't do the percentage tipping with the handheld machine!”

Miso Restaurant and Sushi bar
Ranked #806 of 6,066 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Had an 8-pax family reunion in Montreal and wanted to find a Japanese restaurant that had a good menu for sushi and cooked food. This was right near our hotel and conveniently located on the Rue St. Catherine.

The food was outstanding and the service was very good. The menu was diverse and imaginative.

At the end, however, instead of manually putting in a tip amount (a number) I used the percentage keys. At the time I did not realize (hey I lose the ability to do math after a few sakes) the percentage calculation is on the entire amount, including tax. So the $365 tab became $438 (tip was $73). Since we had 8 people, I definitely don't begrudge the servers the extra few dollars. I just wanted to warn future guests how the tip is calculated - and every restaurant in Montreal works this way.

4  Thank MsMMiler

Reviewed August 16, 2012

You've got to try the Oyster Shooter.
The food was fresh, good and lost of choices and with a nice service, a bit costly but worth it.

5  Thank tracklock
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Some of the best sushi and sashimi that we ever had.Don't be alarmed if you don't see a lot of people during the week-day evenings because its really yummy. We recommend eating inside because the outside terrace has some ants on it.

7  Thank BeeNBoo
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We were going there as a change 4 crescent sushi which is always good n cheap. It turned out to be a real restaurant! The only good thing about it though is the interior. It looks nice not even luxurious n classy. The food is just regular but the prices oh-oh-oh not so regular! We were 4, me n my husband ate at home before as we didnt plan the evening out, two other ordered 5 typesof sushi/ maki to share. The bill came up to 240$ How insane is that? To pay 240$ for what we got...,

Reviewed June 9, 2012

The restaurant is very stylish looking, and conveniently located downtown across from Alexis Nihan shopping centre. Unfortunately, that is the only up side. We started with the Calamari, which are done in a "Salt and Pepper" chinese restaurant style. While crispy, they completely lacked flavor and the oil they used to cook them in, tasted "old". For a change, we did not have sushi, but I had the udon noodles and seafood. Noodles were mush and overcooked, and COMPLETELY had no flavor. Brown colored broth on the bottom was like water. Ugh. My wife had the salmon and it too, had no flavor, but in the middle of the piece of fish, for decoration? They placed a small mound of coarse grain salt. It was served on top of a potato salad/avocado mixture that was cold and did not pair well with the fish. These vegetables made the dish unappealing.

Disappointing. The plus side was the waitress was very attentive and gave great service.

1  Thank pw0867