“Outstanding service and excellent food”
Review of Mikado

Mikado
Ranked #805 of 5,816 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Montreal, Canada
“Outstanding service and excellent food”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Excellent atmosphere, the food was amazing and the waiters incredible friendly. It's one of the best Japanese restaurant that I had visited in Canada. Definitely, I recommend this place for people who are very demanding with quality food, service and atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013

morin-heights
“ONe of the best Sushi resto in town”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Always fresh, this restaurant wil be one of your favorite sushi place.
A variety of fresh fish everyday you will please by what you see and what you eat. Alone, with someone or a group, you will appreciated this great sushi restaurant

Jackson
“Sushi and more.”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

On a recent trip to Montreal we came across Mikado while walking around looking for a dinner place. We were not disappointed. We were seated outside and had excellent service. I had sushi along with sauteed shrimp and scallop dish with Japanese noodles with a wonderful sauce. There is a counter inside where you can order sushi and it is made in front of you. The sushi is very fresh and has some exceptional fish choices. The wine list was adequate and priced moderate to expensive. There is also an extensive beer list. My wife had the miso soup which was very good and for dinner shrimp tempura, also very well executed. Overall, a very good find for dinner.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank CurtisF
Burlington, Massachusetts, United States
“Used to be my favorite sushi restaurant”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have eaten here every time I've visited Montreal and have always looked forward to a nice meal. This time was just awful. First off, when we arrived, we were forced to wait awkwardly for several minutes until the host finally appeared. We should have taken this as a sign of what was to become the slowest meal ever.

We waited for nearly an hour for our food, which was surprising because they didn't seem to be overwhelmed with orders. At one point I got up to use the restroom and on my way back, I noticed that of the 6 tables that were full, 5 of us were still waiting for our food. Unreal. Our waitress was nowhere to be found most of the time and when our food finally arrived, she mumbled "sorry" and rushed away again. Aside from the ridiculous wait, the food was just okay.

We were hoping to take a stroll after our meal, but by then it was late and we just walked back to the hotel.

Sorry to say, this place has been demoted from my favorite restaurants list and we won't be back.

• Visited August 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Good food”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This Japanese restaurant was good. Lots of choices on the menu so we ended up ordering 6 different things between us which ended up being a good idea – for us anyhow. Would not hesitate to go back here.

• Visited July 2012