“Best pub in Montreal!”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We love this place! Happy hour is between 5-8 pm on week days so got some great tasting beers and whiskies for a reasonable price. The menu is extensive and the appetizers are huge so would do for a main meal! Jenn B was our waitress most times we went in and she made us feel very welcome on our trip to Montreal and our glasses were never empty! They showed English football on the tvs and we really got into watching the ice-hockey. It helps that they give away free shots if your player scores (they give every table a number corresponding to the players!). Compared to other places in Montreal, food and drink is good value here and the atmosphere is relaxed and fun.

1  Thank CraigandMarie

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

dropped into a reasonably quiet bar, yet no server got to us in 10 minutes! we gave up and headed to the bar, and despite two of us waiting at different spots for 20 minutes the bartender was more focused on bullying underaged US boarder crossers-"Tips aren't included in this bar" and "This is not acceptable as a tip" were a couple of choice quotes! i exact changed at $28.25 and got the same attitude!

beware awful bartender with weird beard/chinstrap facial hair-fire this guy

bar would have been ok albeit expensive if not for this guy and the service!

1  Thank londonskierLondon
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My first Irish pub in Montreal on this most recent visit, and a disappointment unfortunately. They have Murphy's Irish stout on tap to my delight, but it was skunky tasting , a sign of a dirty line . I also ordered potato leek soup and it was ok. I did think the ambiance was nice, but an Irish bar with lousy tasting Irish beer?? Can't recommend this place to those who enjoy quality beer. If you just want to meet friends, listen to music, it's quaint.

1  Thank dalemulford
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a fun neighborhood bar, with a fireplace in cold weather, outdoor seating in fine, and Irish music regularly (I especially enjoy the sessions nights when local musicians gather and play). Good beers, good food. Like the chips and curry!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I stopped in for a late lunch. Staff was friendly, and the place seems authentic, warm and cozy. I had what they call an "appetizer" of their own style of poutine with some fire roasted chicken. First off, this is not an appetizer that one person would order before a meal. It is big enough to share with probably 4 people. My wife and I shared it, but it was basically my meal. Their twist was the additon of curry, which was excellent. Not a dish I would order every day because it would knock up my already high cholesterol, but pretty yummy! My wife had the fish and chips. Fish and chips in an Irish pub might sound like a pretty unexciting dish, but I must say that the fish was excellent and better than the other pubs we have visited in Montreal. It was tasty, cooked just right, and the portion was generous. The beers on tap are from all different areas of the world, but the white wine was pretty generic with only one choice ... house wine! Hey, what do you expect from an Irish pub!

The atmosphere was great and conducive to making new friends and talking to others. Lots of wood, and soccer games on the TV's. Great experience.

Our waitress could have been more attentive, but she was pleasant. My wife said that: "It was probably her first day." (She is so charitable!)