“Clean the beer lines please....”
Review of Mckibbin's

Mckibbin's
Ranked #910 of 5,711 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, British, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Boston, Massachusetts
“Clean the beer lines please....”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My first Irish pub in Montreal on this most recent visit, and a disappointment unfortunately. They have Murphy's Irish stout on tap to my delight, but it was skunky tasting , a sign of a dirty line . I also ordered potato leek soup and it was ok. I did think the ambiance was nice, but an Irish bar with lousy tasting Irish beer?? Can't recommend this place to those who enjoy quality beer. If you just want to meet friends, listen to music, it's quaint.

1 Thank dalemulford

Shelburne, Vermont
“Check out on Irish Sessions nights”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a fun neighborhood bar, with a fireplace in cold weather, outdoor seating in fine, and Irish music regularly (I especially enjoy the sessions nights when local musicians gather and play). Good beers, good food. Like the chips and curry!

• Visited May 2012
Potsdam, New York
“Great Place, nice decor, good hangout and food”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I stopped in for a late lunch. Staff was friendly, and the place seems authentic, warm and cozy. I had what they call an "appetizer" of their own style of poutine with some fire roasted chicken. First off, this is not an appetizer that one person would order before a meal. It is big enough to share with probably 4 people. My wife and I shared it, but it was basically my meal. Their twist was the additon of curry, which was excellent. Not a dish I would order every day because it would knock up my already high cholesterol, but pretty yummy! My wife had the fish and chips. Fish and chips in an Irish pub might sound like a pretty unexciting dish, but I must say that the fish was excellent and better than the other pubs we have visited in Montreal. It was tasty, cooked just right, and the portion was generous. The beers on tap are from all different areas of the world, but the white wine was pretty generic with only one choice ... house wine! Hey, what do you expect from an Irish pub!

The atmosphere was great and conducive to making new friends and talking to others. Lots of wood, and soccer games on the TV's. Great experience.

Our waitress could have been more attentive, but she was pleasant. My wife said that: "It was probably her first day." (She is so charitable!)

• Visited October 2012
Palm Beach, Florida
“Great Pub, nice setting, cool live music and tv's.”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Nothing major going on, but the staff is super friendly as are the patrons. Friends and I ended up going two days in a row. One day we got live music, the next one didn't. Not sure what the schedule is. The drinks are very affordable and the music has something for every taste. The patrons are 25-45 yo and all of them friendly and respecful.

The staff is on top of things and the bar options are ample. You will not be dissappointed, great value, you pay a very fair price on drinks. This says it's on Bishop we went to one in St. Laurent Blvd.

• Visited September 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Fun Times!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We visit our favourite Irish pub, McKibbin's, three times a year when we are in Montreal on business. We have been visiting for the past four years. The atmospher is so cozy, warm, and friendly...and Irish! We always pull up to our favourite plank to watch all the "going's on". Unbelievably enough, Jennifer, our waitress, recognized us from our last visit. She is amazing, and very informative, answering all of our many questions. We loved our drinks and feasted on the nachos! Very relaxing, didnt feel rushed, and when it came time to tallly up, Jennifer surprised us with a shot and toast. Now that is fun and great service!! I came here six months ago as well with three girl friends and we enjoyed a delicious meal on the back patio, Would definitely recommend this pub to everyone. In the evenings they have various happy hours and bands as well, Anyone who complains about this pub should just stay home!!! See you soon Jennifer, Deb & JP,

• Visited September 2012