“Great food, staff not so...”
Review of Kim Fung

Kim Fung
Ranked #410 of 6,065 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Went here last night for the 40 dollar meal for two. First thing we noticed was that this place was packed, it looked as though they were entertaining family which is always a good sign!

Food was great, very tasty and wholesome however the staff let the place down. We felt as though we were less important than their "family" guests and seemed to be rushed throughout our dinner.

We came to pay for the bill and were basically hustled by one of the waiters to tip him 7 dollars for clearing our plates away. Not such a nice finish to what would have been a lovely meal.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Best place to eat dimsum served upto 2pm. Dinner ,the place is always full until 8pm.Food is good to great .Prices reasonable choice of wines limited but most people drink tea.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Visited Montreal during Jazz Festival. Restaurant was NOT prepared for large crowds. One person got their meal and about 30 minutes later I had to go to the cashier to let her know the other three had not received our food yet. Then they just threw stuff together to get us fed and out of there. Not a good experience and they should have known it was Jazz Festival. Not a valid excuse.

1  Thank JSCurtis70
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Brought my family here for lunch after visiting a nearby music store (Steve's). The food was tasty and interesting, and it came out the moment we sat down. If we'd discovered it earlier in our trip, we would have gone back. It's nestled right in Montreal's Chinatown, which is a fun family visit in itself.

1  Thank JR_Cville
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have been there several times, for dim sum or dinner, my GF is chinese and of course, so is my mother in law. The food is normally very good and the service is OK, but the last couple of times we went, they forgot our orders and it took forever to get our dishes. When I spoke about that with the waiter, he was a real jerk and couldn't care less. I addressed it with the manager that was there that night and she didn't care too much either about our food being forgotten and even about the waiter being a jerk. Too bad, won't go back, there's plenty of other places that are willing to take my money and offer decent service.