“For oyster lovers!!!!!”
Review of Maestro S.V.P.

Maestro S.V.P.
Reserve with OpenTable
Maestro S.V.P. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #389 of 5,820 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: Prince Arthur
Transit: St Laurent
Description:  Oyster season is year-round at Maestro S.V.P. Did you know that an  oyster’s flavor and texture differs depending on the species and origin? With a large variety of Pacific and Atlantic oysters to choose from, get ready to embark on a real adventure. We at  Maestro S.V.P. have shucked millions of oysters? So don’t be shy when asking our specialists for help in choosing your mineral-rich and low-calorie (an oyster only has 10 calories!) treat. Maestro S.V.P also offers a wide selection of seafood and fresh fish prepared with finesse and inventiveness.Scallops, lobster, steamed mussels await discovery. From Tuesday to Thursday is Maestro S.V.P tapas, a menu of small portioned items. A great way to explore the menu or just have a small snack while relaxing in the dining room or on the terrace. Located on one of the trendiest strips in Montreal, Maestro S.V.P  has been able to maintain its simple and pleasant atmosphere. Its reputation and the limited number of seats make it more than desirable to reserve a table in advance. Favorite dishes: Tuna tartare, baked crab cakes with a citrus sauce, seafood pasta, fried calamari.
Montreal, Canada
“For oyster lovers!!!!!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Great selection of oysters and exotic mixes!! :) We were two and had a great time. Price is reasonable.

• Visited October 2012

vermont
“AMAZING”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This place rocks if you like oysters and if you don't well it still rocks. The only problem I had last night is that I ate too much! Way too much...They just keep bringing it and it was so good I did not know enough to stop...Very fresh...nice clean little spot. Not the kind of place I would eat in every week...but wow it was good.

• Visited October 2012
Old Chatham, New York
“Excellent mussels, oysters”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We loved the mussels and oysters, and we found the prices fair and the service friendly, We are not so young as we used to be, however, so the music was a tad loud for us, but it was dialed back on our request. Informal, fun...a good dining experience.

Visited October 2012
Burlington, Vermont
“Service and Quality of Exception”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and I dined at Maestro svp on a late Saturday night. First of all, we were 35mins late for our reservation. The host made us feel welcome without a trace of guilt. We had to wait about 5mins for a table. The decor is modern bistro with many large signed oyster shells on the walls and in huge glass vases. Many mirrors and trendy light fixtures add to a casual, clean atmosphere. We were seated and our server couldn't have been more helpful. Throughout the meal, she was attentive and able to answer every question happily, of which there were many. We each began with a cocktail and appetizers. I ordered two oysters off their fresh list, per our server's recommendation after I described what I would like (16 were available that night), and we shared the tuna tartar. Both the drinks and the apps were perfect. The tuna and oysters were full flavored and fresh. We were ready to move on to our entrees. I ordered the Chilean sea bass, which was served on a bed of cooked sugar cane, garnished with pickled onions, and accompanied by oyster mushroom risotto and mixed vegetables. Definitely one of the best pieces of fish I've ever had. My wife had linguine with many various shellfish. It was quite good, but needed additional seasoning of pepper and salt. We were too stuffed for dessert. The only reason for not earning and excellent from me was the prices and selection for a glass of wine and the dessert prices. There were only 4 glasses of wine available (one red, three white), and the cheapest one was $12canadian. The desserts were all over $10canadian. I felt both of these could be more reasonable and the glasses of wine could be more affordable. I was happy with my $6 Moretti beer, but if I had wanted something else, it would have been a tough choice.My wife had a $16 glass of Joel Gott Chardonnay. I have to say that it was exceptional, but still, that is a bit steep for us. Also, newbies to Montreal: Be prepared for 17% taxes when dining in the city.

• Visited September 2012
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Amazing seafood in a nice and charming atmosphere!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I discovered Maestro svp during a short holiday in Montreal. The menu is focused on seafood and specially on oysters. You can expect great choice, freshness and fantastic courses for a reasonable price. The decoration is simple but elegant. This is a place where you definitely want to go back!

• Visited August 2012