“Family birthday dinner gathering”
Review of Les Deux Gamins

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: Hotel de ville
Transit: Sherbrooke Metro, less han 5 minutes away
Description: Located in the heart of the Plateau,Montreal, Les Deux Gamins is the perfect place to unwind and enjoy scrumptious French fare. It’s warm inviting décor, fashioned to replicate a Parisian bistro, combined with mouthwatering French menu items all meticulously made from scratch using the finest regional ingredients. "extremely satisfying, unpretentious, and also very affordable".House specialties are traditional French bistro fare, featuring classic comfort food like duck confit, which is available four ways : as a rillettes, in our Deux Gamins Salad, with our Mac and cheese, or on it’s own with delicious potatoes cooked in duck fat.Among our praised dishes you can sample our famous French onion soup (secret recipe), our knife cut steak tartar, or our awesome specials of the week, all prepared in house with lots of care.Our menu changes seasonally to feature summer dishes like Nicoise Salad with seared tuna, and hardy winter dishes like beef bourguignon, ensuring you always get to sample something different.From our appetizers to our desserts you will find a selection of dishes lovingly prepared in house, served by friendly and knowledgeable hosts to help you unwind and relax in a welcoming bistro atmosphere.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had a party of 5 dining out this evening. The service was excellent, very friendly and attentive. The food was superb. Overall it was a very enjoyable evening. One of the few restaurants in Montreal with a cozy charm about it, especially in the upper level where they have a very nice wood fireplace for your dining experience. We would definately revisit them again. Our compliments to not only the chef but to the wait staff as well.

valeriemt, Owner at Les Deux Gamins, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our Bistro. We are very pleased you enjoyed your birthday celebration, and rest assured your compliments will be happily passed on to our chef and the waitress who took care of your table. We look forward to your next visit, and send our warmest regards to you and your family from the entire Les Deux Gamins team.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Many good restaurants are closed on Mondays, but Les Deux Gamins has their doors open with friendly, welcoming service and simple but good food. Basic French options, with great service with good timing of plates. I had the fois gras appetizer and the salmon tartare - both perfectly composed.

Nothing super-amazing, but very pleasant and reasonably priced.

valeriemt, Owner at Les Deux Gamins, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Sorry for the delay in response! Thank you for the review. Les Deux Gamins's goal is providing unpretentious, affordable, and authentically french dishes to our guests, and according to your statements we are hitting the target. May we suggest you try our outdoor seating in the summer season, we officially open the terrace as of the 15th of April or earlier weather permitting. We look forward to your next visit, warm regards, Les Deux Gamins team.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The French food here is simple, hearty and tasty; the service, unpretentious. I recommend the braised lamb shank.

This is a great place to visit in summer, when they open up their sidewalk terrace. The restaurant is on a pretty pedestrian street that often has unobtrusive street performers, the kind who actually enhance an outdoor dinner.

The restaurant is a block from Carré St-Louis (St. Louis Square), a small park surrounded by picturesque row houses in the style characteristic of the Plateau area of Montreal. The square has a very French feel that makes it perfect for a stroll after dinner at Les Deux Gamins.

valeriemt, Owner at Les Deux Gamins, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Hello from Montreal. just a quick note to thank you for taking the time to say such nice things about Les Deux Gamins. We are always pleased to have guests such as yourself visit our bistro and share in the "good cheer", please take care and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I love to eat out and I do it very frequently. I also greatly appreciate simple, well prepared food. My first meal here was in my top 5 ever. I had the french onion soup, braised lamb shank, creme brulee and an alcoholic cappuccino. The food was flawless. The house red wine was cheap and delicious. The atmosphere is lively and feels much like bistros in Paris. My partner and I decided to return here for a second meal (after a disastrous meal at Europea). Once again it was delicious. He got the same combo I had the night before and felt the same. I had a phenomenal steak tartare and the duck confit was tasty. We devoured the chocolate lava cake. The service was consistently the best we had in Montreal (which doesnt say much...but still). The only thing holding me back from 5 stars were the calamari app and the scallop entree. They were fine, but unremarkable.

It is not a super cheap restaurant but very high on value and I will definitely be back here on my next trip to this incredible city.

valeriemt, Owner at Les Deux Gamins, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review, and providing great details of your experience at the Deux Gamins. We are thrilled with all your descriptions as they reflect our intented goals. We hope the rest of your stay in Montreal is as pleasant, and we look forward to your next visit, warm regards from the Deux Gamins team

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I love going there with my partner. It's always a pleasure. The staff is good and friendly. The tartare de boeuf is crazy, I love having one before discovering a dish from the new menu. The restaurant is located in a lovely pedestrian street, which is perfect for a little walk before going back home. Good food, good staff, good restaurant. I'll keep going there often...

valeriemt, Owner at Les Deux Gamins, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and give us and others feedback. We are always pleased to hear that we are making people happy and we look forward to your future visits. Warm regards from the Les Deux Gamins team.