“Food and Ambience”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Visited on July 10, 2012, for lunch with colleagues and was not disappointed. Leg of lamb was the special of the day, and not to venture elsewhere, I had it. The food is great, staff is genial and very prompt. The ambience is good and the place is perfect for both private outings and group ones. Special anniversaries are recognised by the management and they'' make you feel like a queen/king. There is a night club in the basement, and this will be an all inclusive package for anyone. I sure will visit again, and so I do recommend you try it out too.

There are newer reviews for Les Beaux Jeudis

Reviewed June 25, 2012

It was Grand Prix weekend and the managment at Les Beaux Juedis were kinf enough to grant us a reservation for the Saturday evening dinner. Even though this is probably one of their busiest weekends in Montreal. As always the duck confit was cooked to perfection and the service top notch. All ten people in my party were very pleased with everything they ate and drank.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This restaurant is on the second floor of the famous and iconic Thursday's Bar on Crescent St in Montreal and I got to know this place very well over the last 25 years. My wife and I sat outside on the balcony on a beautiful warm night. During the evening, the service was very good. The jar of vinaigry cornichons provided as you sit down is always a treat. Unfortunately, the rest of the meal was very average, with the chicken caesar salad my wife ordered as a main being terrible, with too much dressing and overloaded with bacon bits (the quality was worse than some food court caesar salads!!), and the veggie mixture that accompanied my fish (special of the day) was bland and tasteless. To top that off, we were sitting beside a local family of four (2 parents and 2 young adult children) where the mother and daughter spent the whole meal loudly arguing about their personal affairs. There are many other better restaurants within 200 m of this one! Note that Thursday's (the whole building) is part of a major redevelopment plan and soon won't exist anymore!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I went for a business lunch with a colleague and had a wonderful experience. I had the Stag burger with brie cheese (marvellous if you like game) and my colleague had perfectly done lamb chops. We shared a trio of delicious coffee desserts which completely rounded out the meal. Over all the entire luncheon was a gastronomic delight. The restaurant is elegant with touches of brass, stained glass and Art Deco designs everywhere. The service was exemplary and the atmosphere congenial and warm. I would highly recommend this restaurant for business gatherings or dining with friends and family. It is also nice an central to the downtown core for people who are visiting from out of town.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Upstairs from Thursday's bar is Thursday's restaurant. I first started going there with friends in the early 90's - fun then and it's still a party place now. The food is ok, nothing to brag about, but the overall experience is great. Reminiscent of an old Paris brasserie you will immediately notice that most tables are filled with groups of 4 or more. We were 8 in our group, immediately seated without reservations, and service throughout was excellent. The spirit of Montreal lives in this happening place!

1  Thank GabrielDubois