“Stunning Quality and Amazing Value Fir Money”
Review of Le Taj

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Cross street: Sherbrooke
Transit: Peel Metro station is closest to us. Take the Stanley Street Exit. Publis Bus is the #24 on Sherbrooke street. Stop is at the corner of Peel and Sherbrooke.
Description: Deeply entrenched in downtown Montreal for more than 3 decades. Carefully staffed by people trained to treat every guest as a celebrity and invitingly decorated with complex figures embedded in simple, modern lines.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I dropped by for their Sunday buffet lunch.

Firstly I was surprised by how busy they were! I had to wait a few minutes even for a table for one BUT it was well worth it.

A wonderful selection of dishes and incredible value for money.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (886)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been a customer for over twenty years.Basically North Indian. Tandoori. Food is outstanding and service is first class. Very busy until 9 PM so make reservation if earlier.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019

This is the best restaurant for fine dining Indian food . The place is well situated down town. Service is excellent .

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank fortune2010
Reviewed September 2, 2019

I've happened upon this restaurant on two separate visits to Montreal (about four years apart). Both times I was very satisfied with the Indian food and service. The menu has a variety of pretty standard Indian dishes. Le Taj is conveniently located near McGill University. When we arrived on our most recent visit, the restaurant was crowded, but the staff seated us cheerfully.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank 266billg
Reviewed August 16, 2019

My work colleague persuaded me to come here , as he is a vegetarian, and raved about the cooking. We shared a large platter too complicated to describe, but I went on to try the beef vindaloo and the salmon xacutti. The flavours were more developed and had more subtle nuances than I am used to. The stand out was the salmon. I have never had it in an Indian restuarant, and it was sublime. basically done with a dry rub, and baked until quite dry,it was a revelation.
The waiter was exellent, and the kingfisher beer was cold and refreshing.

Date of visit: August 2019