“Delicious”

Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Vancouver
“Delicious”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I would suggest making a reservation for ease of getting seated; we didn't have one and were made to feel we should have thought ahead. Once we sat down the service was excellent though. Fantastic wine list and the food is very good. We started with a waldorf salad which was delicious, followed by the mushroom risotto (very tasty, but had some meat (cured ham, perhaps?) in it, which I wasn't expecting -- no problem as I am not vegetarian, just unexpected. It certainly added to the wonderful taste). My husband enjoyed the steak with beef tongue and escargot. Our waiter selected our wines for us, which were perfect for the meal. I would definitely dine here again. It would be a good place to meet friends for some wine and food.

• Visited April 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Simply amazing”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

One of my best meals out in ages. The Mushroom risotto, salmon tartare, wine and service were all incredible. Definitely worth visiting again.

Westmount, Canada
“design my dinner please.”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I rarely eat a complete meal in one restaurant. I usually make reservation where I want to eat the main course and will go to different places for the entree and the desert. That night I did not know our guests very well so I thought it would be best to reserve my frivolity for another time. I had heard that chef Audrey Dufresne was very creative, hence, my choice for Les trios petits bouchons. If basement brick wall and rickety chairs does not impress you....it did not impress my guests either. Keep an open mind I said I promise you a feast. When Marc with his thick rim glasses t-shirt and jeans came to our table I refused the menus. We are gluttons and I came here to be pleasantly surprise could you order for us we will all share? By now everybody has their eyebrows up to their hair line including my husband. Thank god for my contagious laugh. Marc does not lose a beat and start talking about wine with such passion, the exchange is bouncing all around the table.
After the first bite of; the shrimp rhubarb. Tempura stuffed date with pea foam, nuts, wrapped in prosciutto. Tataki with brie de meaux ice cream and, the tartine de champignon with bread and truffle oil. There is no doubt this is a winner. It is delicious. Then came the lobster salad with tarragon, the pieces are big and flavorful. Sweetbread with gnocchi, asparagus cream and fresh pea, it is like velvet in your mouth. Halibut with panko crusted beets and mustard seeds still soft it is perfectly cooked. Cote de boeuf with their house BBQ sauce. Potatoes with morbier cheese, pork and onions. What a joy for the taste buds.I can’t remember the name of the different wine but in some case I would of prefer something with more intensity...just my taste. For desert the fruit salad with candied nuts disappeared in a flash. Every dish are very well presented it is also a feast for the eyes. My guests are conquered.

• Visited May 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Quite a surprise”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This small eclectic restaurant on St-Denis is well worth the detour.

Do not expect to be amazed by the decor. Do not hope to be stunned by the menu. But greatness is often in the details, and les Trois Petits Bouchons nails it every time.

The staff members are all quite knowlegable in food and wine. And they love discussing their passion with customers. No pretention whatsoever. Just great folks and great food.

I've been here 4 times, and they've always stunned me we some new ideas and great wine pairings. I will be back again.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Ruessavel
USA/Canada
“Excellent, From A to Z”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I decided to host our office Christmas dinner at Les 3 Petits Bouchons. Everything was fantastic, from the beginning until the end. The atmosphere and decor are very cosy and inviting, the hosts/owners are kind and VERY knowledgeable of what their cooking and serving, wine included. The food was awesome, perfectly cooked and warm. That's a challenge when serving for a group. With NO hesitation, I recommend this restaurant. Only downside: parking. But Hey!, you're on Le Plateau, so that's life!

• Visited December 2012