“Well worth the money. But utensils/seats could be cleaner.”
Review of Le Paris-Beurre - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Le Paris-Beurre
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Outremont
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I had not returned for 10 years. Well I was pleased to return this week.

Service was good and the food tasty with generous portions for rock bottom price at lunch time- parking in the nearby lot is free (if space available).

The ``Potage`` with coriander was interesting for the three of us.. My very difficult uncle loves the ``Raie`` (a house specialty); he takes it every time. He is never disappointed. I took the ``Salade de chèvre chaud`` and was totally satisfied. However my aunt took the ``Magret de canard`` and found it overcooked and too thickly cut -but she is very difficult. I wish she would had given it to me because it looked delicious. The table d'hôte ``fruit salad`` was ok.

The Van Horne street view is not very exciting (concrete and asphalt) but there is an interior garden where you can eat under the flowered (May 17th) pergola. Twisted utensils were low scale (hospital cafeteria type or worse) and seemed greasy/not well cleaned. I had to clean a spoon myself on my towel. The table are covered by a nice white tablecloth and a large square of paper above it; that is twice better than nothing at all in many restaurants. nowadays. Other people seated that day seemed also very affluent, judged from their clothing and hairdos. I had to tilt my wooden chair upon arrival because it was covered with bread crumbs; the other guests chairs had the same problem. The garcon swept the crumbs on the floor with his bare hand, after seeing me tilting repeatedly my chair. Air conditioning was too strong and provoking me to sneeze, (?dusty) vents above our heads. We asked that it be turned down which was quickly done.

1  Thank Pierre S

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Paris-Buerre is a long-standing mid-priced French bistro on Van Horn - IMHO the best in the area. Service is excellent and they can accommodate vegetarians (good salade de chevre chaud and other plates generally available too). Good wines (and mousseux-bubbly), at decent prices too. I've eaten here maybe 3 times in the past 10 years and will surely be returning in the future.

1  Thank Tom11
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Le Paris-Beurre is located in a quiet neighborhood and many locals are regulars. The atmosphere is relaxed, friendly and you feel that the clientele is at ease. But the atmosphere is about the best you can get a Le Paris-Beurre. The food is classic French, not very inventive and rather bland. My wife had a tartare de saumon and I had fish (cod), and both were average. Montreal has better to options for a French restaurant and Le Paris-Beurre is an option only if you happen to be in the neighborhood.

Reviewed April 26, 2010

Went to that restaurant for my mom's birthday and was suprised.
The food is a bit pricey but totally worth it. The best things on the menu: warm brie and the steak tartare. The service is very good: Karl knows a lot about wine.
The Voir magazine said they have the best crème brûlée and they were right!
On weekends you should have reservation because it can get busy.
They have a room in the back for small parties: it's pretty cozy if you want privacy for your event. Moreover, they have a pretty patio that is not on the street.

2  Thank HappyDede
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 6, 2008

Predictable and constant quality French cooking.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook