“A hidden gem”

Le Pegase
Ranked #81 of 5,710 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Located in the heart of the Plateau for 25 years, Le Pégase is renowned for its fine French cuisine and a selection of meats cooked to perfection. You can bring your own wine, so ... be your own sommelier and select your favorite bottles!The decor and atmosphere are welcoming and friendly. A romantic evening between lovers or a convivial moment for friends conjugate there perfectly.--In the kitchenThe owner-chef Michael Audet-Laparé is illustrated in many restaurants (Chez Victoire, Le Quartier General, Laurie-Raphaël, Grenadine) before investing in command of Le Pégase. Assisted by Jean-Luc Peyrotes, he applies, every day, to work fine seasonal ingredients on the well-kept cooking and to express his taste for the culinary innovation and the marriages of flavors. In the dining-roomDamien Haennel, associated owner, orchestrates the service and its rhythm with a lightness tinged with twenty years of experience in catering. A good mood and a professionalism which favors the friendly reception of our duet of waiters, Johann and Morgane.
Seattle, Washington
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I was visiting Montreal for work and friends who are locals took me to this brilliant BYOB (wine) establishment for my birthday! It's a small 35 seater restaurant on a quiet street and we went on a Thursday and it was completely packed. You will definitely need reservations, no matter what day of the week it is. We each ordered a Table Gourmande which includes an appetizer, main course, dessert and coffee. Between the three of us, we ended up tasting a lot of amazing dishes on the menu. The tartare de cerf and the octopus were my favorite appetizers and the lamb was a great plat principal. My friend got the bison, I didn't know what to expect but it was very flavorful. The service was great, my friend spoke French so she ordered for me but they indulged me when I said Merci and the five other words I know in French :). They even got little sparklers on the table for my birthday. Overall, it was a great dining experience and a must visit if you're in Montreal.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ecstatica

New York City, New York
“Yes. It deserves 5 stars”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

This is tucked away in a residential area of Montreal... We are fairly well traveled and some of the best restaurants are hidden away like this for some reason. Anyway Le Pegase was such a treat. I had the escargot and the filet and the chef is obviously a master at elevating flavors.. Just delightful. My partner had the duck ravioli appetizer and the Rabbit stuffed with escargot and sausage (for Easter). Very reasonably priced and the service was fantastic. Highly recommend this and we will be back on our next visit to Montreal.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank David S
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent food & wonderful service!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband & I recently went to Pegase and enjoyed the wonderful service and excellent food. I had the fish of the day and it was very well cooked and tasty. For dessert, we had the profiteroles that was delicious, and don't forget that this gem of a restaurant is a BYOB!

• Visited March 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The wife and I found this place by using tripadvisor and those that wrote quality reviews were 100% right. This is a place where you can bring your own wine which makes it that much better. The restaurant is small but is so cozy! We had the 5 course meal and between my wife and I we tried as many things on the menu as we could! Nothing disappointed at all. We had two young woman look after us and they were great as well! Next time we are in Montreal we most certainly will be back.

• Visited February 2014
Montreal, Canada
“excellent restaurent francais”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Do not hesitate to go there
.We were 6 of us on the 15 th february.The staff is warm.Small and cosy place.The food is excellent.French cuisine..Everything we tasted was excellent.

• Visited February 2014