“Exceptional discovery”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Came here with a couple of friends, was our first visit, didn’t know what to expect and was quite surprised! Amazing food, wasn’t sure about the eating with the fingers part but with the small crepes it was exceptional! Everything we ate was so good and we had so much, you don’t leave hungry. The service was excellent. There also was a jazz singer accompanied by a piano. This was our first visit but believe me this won’t be our last.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

This was my first time trying Ethiopian food and I was truly impressed! My friend and I shared the vegan appetizer and dinner combo for two. I was so excited to try each new taste! We loved every bite of it! The ambience of the restaurant is so nice and the staff was very attentive and friendly. I will definitely be returning!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 17, 2019

This is a place we have been going for many years now. The last 2 times we have been there we realized, as a large group, that the bills were all incorrect. Charging us a lot more than the price should have been, and even charging us drinks we didnt have. We thought the waitress was distracted. We went there again, same thing, the bills were all tampered. Once we made them realize, no excuse, no accountability. Just went back to fix it!! Came back and we still realized it was not all correct.

It is unfortunate as the food is decent and the ambiance is nice. The service is horrible, with waiters that dont know much about the culture or the food. Never again. We are done. I will not recommend this place to local friends or visiting ones. PLUS there is a new Ethiopian Restaurant on avenue Parc so might as well change habit!

Date of visit: February 2019
KutumaReception, Manager at Le Nil Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

Hello M_Angelou91, We are sorry to hear that your experience wasn't a pleasant one and that you didn't enjoy the service, unfortunately it was one of the first week of our waiter who has no Ethiopian backgroud, he has been doing much to learn about the culture &the food.
We make everything possible to offer the best and warm service to our guests.

We appologies for the billing error there was no intention to take extra money of you, we are all decent human being and sometimes we do mistakes.

Sorry for the bad experience you had at the Nil Bleu, we would be more than happy to see you again.

Reviewed March 7, 2019

I've now been to this restaurant three times within the past few months. Every time is consistently excellent. I particularly love the bouticha (spelling?). Anyways, the spicing is excellent. The tasting menu is a great way to start and figure out what you really like. Wonderful!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 27, 2019

Our group of eight people, including our 7-year-old, had an amazing evening at Le Nil Bleu.

The restaurant was conveniently located and we found parking easily, despite it being on St. Denis. Inside, the décor is beautiful and refined. We dined on the basement floor, where there was also a beautiful tea nook décor (very Instagram worthy).

They have a nice wine menu and some themed cocktails. Next time, I would love to try the traditional mead (honey wine), which I only noticed on the menu after.

Most of our group ordered the tasting menus (two regular and one vegan), and everyone absolutely loved it. the food was absolutely delicious! Portions were just to our liking. We shared our tasting platters with our son, who enjoyed the less spicy choices.

There was a bit of waiting time between courses. We spent about 3 hours at the table, including coffee, so it is a perfect place for a longer sit-down dining experience.

Date of visit: February 2019