“Classic as promised”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Mas des Oliviers - CLOSED

Le Mas des Oliviers
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Ottawa, Canada
“Classic as promised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant as recommended by the concierge of our hotel and were ever so happy to have gone! The cosy ambience, courteous yet cheerful service by a Frenchman and flawless French cuisine more than made up for the few steps we had to take in a blasting winter snowstorm. We chose French onion soup, vichyssoise (despite the weather!), duck and lamb followed by profiteroles - all of which were just fabulous. We don't compliment food at fine restaurants lightly. This rustic establishment fulfilled our expectations and beyond. Authenticity was the greatest virtue of this restaurant, closely followed by impeccable service. We look forward to coming back soon!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Good food, great atmosphere and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Been here a couple of times, I love the in the wall out of view location it has, from the outside its nondescript just a little door, if you aren't looking for the place you would never know the treasure it hides.
The atmosphere takes you back to an earlier time, a simpler more peaceful time, or its just me but that's how I felt when I entered the place, its classically decorated, the waiters are nice and polite, service and food is fantastic, the menu is french and rustic.
Great place for a date.

• Visited April 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

My first time at this jewel of a restaurant that has been around for over forty years. Went on a tuango coupon and will definately return with or without a coupon.
Excellent comfort food. Basic quality ingredients. Doesn't take much just keep to basics and stay true. With all these restaurants opening with lots of decor but little quality it's nice that Le Mas des Oliviers brings us home.

Visited February 2014
Mexico City, Mexico
“authentic french food, for gourmets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Best restaurant in downtown Montreal by far! from the moment you enter this cozy restaurant time stops and and you are pampered by the amazing staff!Quentin is a true professional, he takes care of you as if you were visiting an old time friend.
Icant pick a favorite dish, every time my husband and I eat there everything is cooked to perfection, the wine list is superb and very accomodative to every budget.
cant wait to go to Montreal again and have dinner with our friends at Les Mas!!

• Visited March 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Truly amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was at Le Mas des Oliviers over the weekend, and I must say that I had the time of my-life! The staff was the best! Laughed and joked with them! The food!!! Well lets just say! I give it a 10 **** plus! Amazing food! Amazing service! Staff excellent!!!!!! Can not wait to go back!

• Visited February 2014