“Great attention to details”
Review of Le Mas des Oliviers - CLOSED

Le Mas des Oliviers
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Montreal, Canada
“Great attention to details”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I chose this restaurant for a business lunch, based on Tripadvisor reviews.
And Le Mas des Oliviers did not disappoint!

They served traditional provencal dishes, no real surprise there.
But what I loved most: small details to enhance every plate.

For example, my salad was served with fresh oranges and cashew nuts.
The salmon I ordered was cooked to perfection, with a very light creamy sauce.

And Le Mas des Oliviers staff was friendly too.

Overall a great experience. I plan on going back.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Montreal, Canada
“Outstanding- a Dining Experience”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This restaurant represents a little corner of France right here in Montreal. We dined there in January, 2014 with friends for a special occasion. We were warmly greeted upon arrival. The menu, including the table d'hote, will surely satisfy all diners.
Three people at our table had the Sea Bass, and I had the veal chop. Salad was served first. The main dish ( very large portions), with side dishes, were excellent The wine list includes several reasonably priced wines. The service throughout was very professional.
We have been dining at Le Mas for over 25 years, and their tradition of great food and outstanding service make this an outstanding dining experience.

“never disappointing.....”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

In this dreary damp month we needed a lift so we decided to go back to Le Mas for dinner and try some new dishes. The service is professional but not 'stuffy'. Our server described every course extensively and our biggest problem was how to choose. We were four and decided to order different dishes and try them all. The soups were excellent but the French Onion soup was THE BEST ever and that is from a native Montrealer who has had a lot of onion soup! The ravioli with snails was very unusual but the texture and taste were delicious and as my partner remarked "the sauce wiped up really well with the bread". We tried the lamb two ways, the steak and shrimp, the lapin and I ordered the sea bass, my thought was that I could guiltlessly eat the millesfeuilles after having the fish. I am a big meat eater and ordering fish for me is a sacrifice but this dish was very hearty and rich. The large piece of bass was served on a bed of garlic mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables and I would order it again in a minute! The lamb two ways is really delicious and rich....a combination of a rack of lamb and braised lamb shank, over the top and yummy. After my partner finished the lapin, you could not tell what had been on the plate as that sauce also 'wiped up really well with the bread' and the side of potatoes dauphinoise, well, speechless. The surf and turf is a gorgeous piece of beef cooked perfectly to order with garlic shrimp, delish! Finally, dessert....Le Mas is famous for its profiteroles which are delicious but the dessert of the day was the millesfeuille an incredible layering of fresh whipped cream, berries and flaky pastry, yum! Noone talks about coffee after a meal, but I love good coffee and drink it plain and black. Even the coffee was memorable!

Candians living in the Balkans
“Sassy, classy restaurant”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Great ambience, wonderful food, very good service. Place was busy. Reservations a good idea. Service was busy, but really very good. They have a bit of a NYC sassy service attitude...but only in a good way. Funny remarks instead of staid, stuffy service. Highly recommend. The entry way is a little obscure, but once inside, you'll enjoy! Food was really delicious. Classy dining with a bit of a sassy (humorous) zest. We liked it a lot!

• Visited December 2013
Orlando, Florida
“My wife loves French food.”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I must concur with all of the other ratings of excellent for this restaurant, it did not disappoint. I had the Veal Scallopini.It was excellent, just right with some flat noodles on the side. I chose the soup for a starter in lieu of a salad. I am glad I did honestly the best tomato soup I've ever had. My wife had the rabbit which I had never had before. I was amazed at how good it was.
Excellent wait staff cordial and efficient. A very pleasant experience overall.

• Visited December 2013