“Great prime rib”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Vieux-Montreal
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Vieux-Montreal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 5,890 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: A steakhouse with a difference. Great Keg steaks, a casual atmosphere, and friendly, knowledgeable service are the proud trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse + Bar. Visit, and experience firsthand The Keg philosophy of welcoming you not as a customer, but as a guest. Every location offers a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and casual bar setting. Each is a welcoming destination on its own, and together they create an energetic and inviting, uniquely gratifying restaurant experience. We look forward to welcoming you in our Keg Steakhouse + Bar restaurants. No matter the location, you can be assured to live a unique experience and have an enjoyable evening!
Reviewed July 1, 2013

After a wait of 45 minutes, we had a fantastic waitress who was efficient, catered to our needs of splitting a dinner, including giving us an extra plate without prompting, and recommended that we get the garlic mashed potatoes.

The dinner that was split was a prime rib classic dinner which comes with salad and one side. When the prime rib came, it also came with fried onion rings, the thin type (yum!). I had the prime rib dinner with side, and when it came, it came with vegetables, mushrooms, my side and the prime rib which was easy to cut and done correctly. The prime rib dinners came with au jus and horseradish without even prompting. Oh and did I mentioned the warm sourdough bread? Delicicious!

We were too full to get desert.

Great meal and worth the wait. The only reason why I ranked it as "very good" instead of "excellent" is because the hostesses kept on promising that we were the next ones up, yet we still had to wait another 25 minutes and saw a whole bunch of other parties with the same number of people being seated. It seemed like they wanted to make sure that we waited exactly the same number of minutes as they predicted. Thank goodness for the fantastic waitress.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Our waitress was awesome. I had the prime rib and my wife had the filet which were both very good. Overall enjoyable experience

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The food was good but not great! I was expecting more because all the people that were leaving were raving about the food. I had the filet mignon since this is a steak house and it was just ok....I've had better! It was pricey considering the quality of the food. It was nice to try but I won't go back there.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were 2 persons on a business trip and should have an good evening dinner. There are a lot of restaurants in Montreal, but we knew the Keg from elsewhere but had never tried it before.

First we had a professionel welcome and a table for 2.

Then we had the menu card and ordered a Combination meal with Ribeye Steak and King Crab legs....this were the best meal I ever had!

The meat were so tender and tasty....the Crab legs were also just like you want them with all necessary tools and sauces and bred and salat....

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We made a reservation by phone for a party of 15. We arrived and were immediately taken to our two tables in a section of the restaurant overlooking the busy street. It was a dinner meant to share the joy of graduation of 3 aspiring cousins from college. We had already arranged for special cake and songs.

Host was so gracious and he kept taking extra care of us.

All in all, the food and service were excellent.

Nice place to go to especially after a day at the Old port.