“For fish lovers and Greek cuisine too.”
Review of Le Jardin De Panos

Le Jardin De Panos
Ranked #226 of 5,724 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Quebec City, Canada
“For fish lovers and Greek cuisine too.”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

One of my best restaurant in Montreal when I want seafood. Calamary so tasty, with a touch of lemon. Hummm. Absolutely delicious. I always hope to go to Montreal for meetings so I woud go to that lovely charming place. Have a glass of Retsina wine for me.

Montreal, Qc,
“Best shiskabob in town, bar none. Nice atmosphere, can be noisy when it's full.”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The brochette they serve here is a marinated lamb shiskabob - it is sooo tasty, as is the accompanying salad and greek style baked potatoes. You would not know it is lamb, so tender, so juicy, with chunks of onions and peppers on the skewer between the meat. It's better than the Filet minion. Bring your own wine, so you save a lot and have a great meal. Table d'hote special until 5 pm is a great deal. I would recommend this as a priority to all visitors to our great city.

Visited December 2012
Montreal, Canada
“quite pretty”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

ypu walk through building into back courttard covered in weeping willow trees and lot's of little tables. chicken brochettes are good, but you really go for the ambiance. bring your wine. you can buy at depaneur (convenience store) across the street. you go for nice evening to eat outside, so don't bother in winter. i love it. very unique to montreal.

Visited December 2012
Canada
“Good Food with Reasonable Prices in a Dynamic and Warm Atmosphere”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is one of my favourite bring your own wine restaurants in Montreal.
I would consider it an above average Greek restaurant with very reasonable prices. This restaurant has always been a safe bet for us - so much so, that I chose it for a birthday dinner. I ordered a calamari appetizer which was light and crispy. I also had the moussaka which was even better than one I had in Greece & their trademark salad with fresh dill. My dinner companion had the filet mignon brochette which she also really enjoyed. We shared a tiramisu for desert which ended the evening perfectly. Though the restaurant was super busy, we found the service to be courteous and efficient enough.

The only downside to Panos, is that they only take reservations for large groups, so if you go on a Friday or Saturday night, you will probably have to wait in line unless you go either earlier or later in the evening. This is especially the case in the summer, if you want a table on their lovely outdoor garden terrace. In any event, when in doubt, Panos is always a safe bet.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank CanadaPipa1
Montreal, Canada
“Don't go there for your group reservation”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

As any other conventionl Greek restaurant you won't be disapointed by the size of your plate. The food was also decent. We reserved a room called La Verriere at the back of the restaurant and we're told upon reservation that we would have to leave at 21:00 sharp. Believe me, Sophia the 'smillin Cerbere' hold her promice..
I can't understand why this place is fulled. The service is mediocre, except for one server, everyone made us feeled unwelcomed. Because a table of 4 was left unoccupied in La Verriere, they squeezed 2 couples with our group (as a group you pay an extra on each meal compare to the a la carte rate just to cover this situation). Our group tried to didn't make to much noise but I'm sure we ruined these 2 couples experience.

• Visited December 2012
LeJardindePanos78, General Manager at Le Jardin De Panos, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I would like to advise you the person that made the reservation we do 2 services for groups one at 6:00Pm & 9:00PM, so whoever reserved was advised that we will need the table for 9:00-9:30PM for another group.