“Beautiful food, even better service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Le Grain De Sel - CLOSED

Restaurant Le Grain De Sel
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Olympic Park & Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (HoMa)
Toronto, Canada
“Beautiful food, even better service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I make sure to visit this establishment whenever we're in Montreal. The atmosphere is warm, and the service equally so. The food is served impeccably, but simply. Our last visit, we had the venison, and it was one of the best things we ever tasted. The pumpkin Creme brûlée was a nice seasonal touch and delicious. What sets them apart is their food, the quality of the service, and close proximity to downtown Montreal. The chef makes the rounds and says hello to the guests. In summary, highly recommended!

6 Thank TeamRobardo

Hamilton, Canada
“A wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

For our first time here. Wow.

Great food and great service. I came with some friends, and they were welcomed to Montreal by staff.

Lots to recommend. We liked the steak tartare. Also tried the bavette and frites. And the boar sausage.

More like a bistro atmosphere, but much to be enjoyed here! Still I think this is Montreal at its best.

On revient.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank TheWanderingCannuck
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent french cuisine and friendly service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had lunch there and felt like friends more than customers. The food was excellent and the wine recommended just a perfect match. Will go back for sure.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Gilles P
Montreal, Canada
“Glad I followed the positive reviews as this resto did not disappoint!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I just enjoyed a fantastic meal at Le Grain de Sel. I am always looking for a different menu that offers fresh, local produce - a menu does not need to be extravagant to offer good food. Plates were carefully designed, service was fantastic and we really appreciated that the chef visited the table.
To add - I am a vegetarian and while I did not call in advance (which would have been helpful for them), the chef personally designed a plate for me that was fantastic with great flavours of wild mushrooms.
The deserts sounded and looked fantastic but after an appetizer and a main, I was full.
For the quality of food, the price was VERY reasonable.
I cannot wait for my next trip - and next time I will definitely go for a desert!

• Visited September 2012
5 Thank Janice0333
Midwest
“Wonderful Dining Experience, Will Repeat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Trip Advisor rank is well-deserved. Enjoyed everything about this place. Will absolutely return here next time in Montreal. Changing menu, unusual and delicious; warm welcome, server showed genuine interest in our experience without hovering. Easy enough to get to from business district by either cab or Metro. Tasty bread, wonderful amuse bouche, fantastic appetizer, a beet salad like no other. Swordfish to die for, interesting bison sausage, the sea salt, pepper, house-made curry ketchup, mustardy corn-uh-mustard and relish nice additions. Licked the dessert plate clean. Server offered to call a cab but we took his dead-on directions back to the Metro station a few short blocks away. All in all, the most successful and enjoyable dining experience in a week of eating out in Montreal. For the food and service, price was very reasonable.

• Visited September 2012