“The fish is delicious”

Ranked #16 of 123 Dessert in Montreal
Neighborhood: Outremont
Neighborhood: Outremont
Reviewed November 1, 2012

If you've never been to Paris and would like to know how the dining experience there is, then you need to visit Le Bilboquet!

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

The best of Montreal!! I remember this place when I stayed there. Good memories with my friend Agus.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

This place serves outstanding ice cream. It was packed when we were there and there's not a ton of seating but it's worth waiting for if you like ice cream.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The ice cream here was good however the service was just ok. Also, I wanted to try the cupcakes but they were not covered and there were too many flies landing on them. The lady standing near the cupcakes didnt think there was an issue with the flies and continued to sell the cupcakes. I really didnt like that.

1  Thank Insatiable_qt
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Perhaps I had very high expectations after reading so many good reviews about the place.

The atmosphere is definitely nice, and the neighborhood complements this. However, the overall experience was a bit disappointing.

To start, the service didn't seem to care much about the customers. Maybe because their name can bring in enough people.
You have to buy the size you want before they even let you try any flavors, which is ok, except that they also limit the number you can try. When I asked to try the third one, the server said it would be my last (it probably would anyway, but saying something in the tone she used didn't help).
The variety is pretty good, but the ice cream itself I would say is simply average. It's not bad, but it's possible to find better or equivalent in Montreal with better service. Even in the neighborhood there were other very nice small Gelato places I tried.
In particular, I would recommend Kem Coba on Fairmount. Otherwise, just walk around a bit and there will be other options.

1  Thank Fabio H