“Wow Wow Wow !!!!”
Review of La Sauvagine

La Sauvagine
Reserve with OpenTable
La Sauvagine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #766 of 5,816 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Ontario, Canada
“Wow Wow Wow !!!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a 2 way Restaurant. Half Portuguese and half everything else. We originally wanted to eat in the Portuguese side called Solmar, however they don't open until 4pm, so we decided for the "other half" and we were not disappointed. No wonder Solmar-La Sauvagine is #1 on tripadvisor. Super food, great wine and deserts to die for. I do NOT hesitate to recommend this restaurant.Also within walking distance to the Port and to Notre Dame de Montreal on Place d'Armes. The waiters were very very nice and professional

Visited July 2014

Ontario
“Good but will need snack later”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Quite expensive, very small salad to start was $6, 4 scallops (and that was only item on plate) were $16. House French white left a little to be desired; definitely had an "edge" to it. Food, what little there was of it, was tasty. Great spot for people watching if you are able to eat outside. Be prepared for slow service; this is not fast food.

• Visited May 2014
“Very good food but a bit expensive”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Really good dinner we had but the prices were a bit expensive and we got out of the restaurant still hungry. But still, great quality in the meals we asked for.

Visited June 2014
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
“Great for street life at night”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Although I was eating on my own I didn't feel as cut off from the scene in the way that sometimes happens to solo diners. I ordered the lab shank. This came with a salad (other choices of starter available) as part of the price. The half carafe of house red was very good value at $8. Staff friendly, relaxed and efficient.

• Visited June 2014
Connecticut
“Delightful!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I looked at this place on a Friday when we already had a reservation elsewhere. We went back because it looked like a nice spot for a romantic dinner and we were intrigued by the variety of game meats on the menu. We went there on Saturday evening and we are really glad we did. We made a reservation and requested a table for two next to an open corner window and they were happy to oblige. This was great as it made for excellent people watching. Our server was both polite and entertaining. We started with salads. I get the spring mix and my wife got the duck confit. Mine was good but she picked better. The duck was perfect, moist and flavorful. For entrées I picked the trio of game medallions,bison,elk and venison. All were cooked to a perfect medium rare with sauces that complemented without masking the flavor of the meats. My wife got the wild boar in a maple sauce. Wow! I was tempted to order that for desert! Tender and delicious. We ended with profiteroles for her and strawberries in port for me. The server was attentive but never rushed us. Add to it a great bottle of wine and we will definitely stop back the next time we are in Montreal.

Visited June 2014