“Un-savage”
Review of La Sauvagine

La Sauvagine
Reserve with OpenTable
La Sauvagine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #624 of 5,947 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Having read mixed reviews we stopped here one wet and windy night in an empty Old Quarter in Montreal. Thankfully for us, if not the restaurant, no cruise liners in port! A friendly reception from a polyglot staff followed by a happy 90 minutes sampling various wines and a mixture of cuisines properly prepared and served. I would go back.

2  Thank hunger4d

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We enjoyed our meal here. The servers were very friendly and helpful. The food was good. Only the bread was disappointing. We loved the atmosphere.

1  Thank Lauri W
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I'm not wasting time on a terrible restaurant. When a waiter starts arguing about his tip not being sufficient, it's totally unacceptable. He was getting a decent tip, but I have NEVER had a waiter argue with me before. Food was average, but don't go here unless you tip over the top or want an argument!

3  Thank Ian D
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Had dinner here on a really nice Saturday evening and got a table outside right along Rue Saint Paul. It was a really nice experience to dine along the street in such a busy area. The food itself was mediocre. I had a sirloin which was cooked adequately but it was nothing remarkable. The shrimp bisque was not very flavorful. The service was not bad considering that the restaurant was very busy.

I'm pretty confident that there are places with better food in that area of Old Montreal. But, I didn't do enough research and ended up at this place.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We chose this restaurant in the Old City as a place for lunch on a sunny day. The sidewalk cafe had that "je ne sais quoi", a certain charm and a great location. Our experience was that the food was quite good, not cheap, and the service was a bit slow, but I enjoyed my meal and the time we spent relaxing there on a sunny August afternoon. I had gaspacho, and smoked duck, and my friend had sausages. I can't remember the exact names of the dishes, but I would definitely return there to enjoy another sunny afternoon.

1  Thank Susan L