“great service, amazing cuisine”
Review of La Sauvagine

La Sauvagine
Reserve with OpenTable
La Sauvagine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #766 of 5,816 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Ottawa, Canada
“great service, amazing cuisine”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We'v had dinner on June 25, 2013. From greeting to billing, service is excellent (welcoming and efficient). Meals were a delight.
We are looking forward to coming back and try other meals.

• Visited June 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Great place for lunch on a sunny day”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

For a restaurant right in the middle of the tourist area of old Montreal this was a very pleasant surprise for lunchWe sat outside in the sun and enjoyed good starters of soup and salad followed by confit duck in my case and moules and frites in the case of my wife. Both dishes were good and the service was cheerful and efficient. The house red wine wood quality and overall the occasion was very enjoyable. It is a place that I would like to try for an evening meal as the inside ambience also looked good.

Visited June 2013
Long Island, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty and affordable”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

With nice service and excellent lamb shank. Our French waitress (from Normandy) believes that Quebec will succeed in secession. Viva la revolution!

Visited June 2013
Harvard, Illinois
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I had the catch of the day, which was Red Snapper. Salad of mixed greens, fresh vegetables & balsamic. The main fare; Red Snapper filet on a bed of wild rice and fresh vegetables. With a white wine, lemon butter sauce.

OMG!!!! Soooo good! I have not had Snapper before. It just came in this morning...it was so fresh, so light, so melt in your mouth delicious.

Visited May 2013
New Jersey
“We will return...again and again”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a delightful evening at this romantic restaurant in Old Montreal.
We are always on the lookout for wild game, and what we found exceeded any expectations that we had when we headed out on the town. My wife ordered a wild boar dish, which she enjoyed very much. My selection was bison and elk, served with goat cheese and blueberry sauce.
We found the service staff to be polite and efficient. We were seated by a window that offered good people-watching.
One word of caution: the bread that was placed on the table ended up costing $7.00,so keep in mind the option of saying "No merci" when they bring it. I recommend this place to anyone who is looking for something out of the ordinary. I look forward to many return visits in the future.

• Visited May 2013