“Terrific ambiance, Delicious Foods!”
Review of La Menara

La Menara
Ranked #4,081 of 5,976 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Reviewed March 22, 2014

One of the best exotic places I have every been. The location of the restaurant is just off the hook, best place in Montreal - Old Port.
The ambiance, the music, the dancers - they just take you away! The Moroccan atmosphere with the decor, the pillows, the tea... You feel like you have traveled there for the night!

I have enjoyed every choice of food, desert and appetizer. Every drink we had with my friends was just extraordinary. So not only waiters, but the barmen deserve an A+ in their excellent work!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Absolutely adore this place! Everything is amazing about La Menara: the delicious Mediterranean food, the warm ambiance of the interior design, the service of the waiters that are super nice and the beautiful baladi dancing of course. If you are in Montreal, you should have some good supper at La Menara! Every time we come here we really enjoy our nights and the food.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The quality of the food is worst than fast food. My husband ordered shrimp that he had to entirely clean by himself! There he was doing the cook's job peeling his shrimp that came complete with shells, legs, and even that gray vain in back, disgusting! I had "filet mignon" in a brochette that was practically uneatable... I left most of my plate untouched...

To make matters worst, we were a group of 10 all squeezed into a corner where we have to share two very small tables the size of a coffee tables... I know this may be tradition but I am not fond of eating on my lap as not only there was no place in the table it was also very uncomfortable.

The "attraction" of this place are the belly dancer's but is not worth the price or the effort. Not even a drunk group of bachelors would enjoy this place....

In sum, not only the food is terrible but this place qualify as a smelly, small, and uncomfortable underground den where you can't help to think that if for some reason you have to run for your life chances are you won't make it out.

4  Thank Grace G
Reviewed August 2, 2013

What a fabulous time we had in this beautiful, enchanting restaurant. The food and service was top notch. Will be coming back for years to come!

2  Thank Montreal_Addict
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The service was great and the food was really tasty. Great place in Old Montreal to savor Mediterranean cuisine.