“I cooked faster than my food....”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of La Menara

La Menara
Ranked #3,889 of 5,679 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I cooked faster than my food....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

First of all, I broke a sweat by simply sitting down!... It must have been at least 30 C, it's downstairs, no air conditioning, no ventilation... I left the restaurant between each course just to get air. It was a good friends birthday and I only stayed out of respect for him... If I had stumbled upon this place on my own, I would have walked out after the first course without paying. It's 35$ for a very limited menu, some courses have no option at all. Wine Is watered down and way too expensive for what it's worth. Avoid this place at all cost, take it from me, from me for I am so disturbed that I am writing this review in my bed at 2am 3 weeks later and am still so angry about this terrible experience.

1 Thank CriticalLoverBoy

Montreal, Canada
“A lot of fun but food is average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I used to love goign to La Menara - been going for over 25 years, but it seems the quality of the food has come down a bit.

The entertainment though is always a lot of fun and well done.

Visited August 2012
Toronto
“Avoid at all cost”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Terribly run place. They can close at anytime even if u have a rez. Hole in the wall. Save ur money and go elsewhere...

1 Thank Deal_Catcher
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Went with a group of 6 for my parent's 40th wedding anniversary. It took 45 minutes before we were even approached by a waiter. I chose the chicken. The soup and appetizer was ok but the main meal and dessert was disgusting. Was way overpriced, waste of money. Would never go again, yuck.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank manon_jourdain
Montreal, Canada
“Great ambiance, mediocre food, watered down drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

We were a group of 8, two were celebrating their birthday. La Menara is an extremely cozy, cool-looking restaurant, almost like sitting in a fancy Bedouin tent. The belly dancers and the music really put one in the mood to party, it was overall a fun evening. The only drawbacks were the food and drinks. The food was tasty but not very well prepared, for example, the couscous was overcooked to the point that it would become pasty when scooped out of the serving bowl. With respect to the drinks, mostly speed rail mixers, but they were watered down and we could not taste the alcohol. One member of our party asked for a premium liquor (i.e., Grey Goose) which they claimed to have and serve him however when we actually walked up to the bar there was no bottle of Grey Goose to be seen on the full shelf behind the bar where all the premium liquors are usually kept. Overall, we had a good time but not a place to go for good Moroccan cuisine.

• Visited January 2012