“Great food, service is a bit slow at times. Not much of a bargain.”
Review of La Fonderie

La Fonderie
Reserve with OpenTable
La Fonderie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,162 of 5,944 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: Boyer
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a good experience at this restaurant. The food was excellent quality, with great variety!

The service was a bit slow, however we were there on a busy saturday night. A bit pricey, but you're paying for quality and ambiance.

A good date night spot!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Wanted to try something different but alas, would have been better off going to the best Poutine restaurant next door...service was very mediocre (they had forgotten about our drink order) and the meal is not great value for money..decor leaves a lot to be desired and atmosphere well there wasn't any, sorry peeps will not be returning

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I went at this restaurant with my boyfriend and we really likes it! It was really fun! I red the reviews before going there (i bought a coupon on tuango) and i wasnt disapointed about anything! The food is really good, the ambiance is really nice and the service is perfect. The portions are small though but i think we all have to try this once in our lifetime!

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriends went there for dinner and let me tell you, none of us were disapointed for the least! I mean let's face it, we all know that fondue is on the pricy side but it's not something you eat every week anyways.

The 40$ we spent per person (feast) was worth every penny. We started with a cheese fondue, then a ceasar salad with some garlic bread, then the chineese fondue and topped it off with a chocolate fondue. Let me tell you...I couldn't stop saying "Omg" for like 3 hours later, I was ssoo FULL !!!

They even brought you a caraf of water on your table so you could refill your glass as much as you wanted and never once had to ask them to refill it as they were on top of it. Also checked in on us regularly to see if we wanted more potatoes and sauce (all you can eat) but not too much that it becomes annoying.

Everything was litterally perfect from the service to the ambiance with the music and dimmed lights. Everyone around us seemed like they were having a great time, all smilling and enjoying themselves. The waitress was also very open to taking pictures for customers. I can't stop telling everyone how amazing our evening was, we will for sure be returning !!!!!

Oohh only down side is that we paid 11$ of parking for the 3 hours we were there but thats unfortunately everywhere in Montreal when you park :(

1  Thank Martine P
Reviewed March 21, 2013

It was the only place I could find for wild game meat fondue in Montreal. We were not disappointed, they have a good choice of meat and the quantity is perfect. It maybe an outdated decor but cozy, the waitress was very nice and full ready to answer any questions we had. I made my reservation online and it worked, the only downside is the parking, very hard to find a place since you have to park in the street.