“Amazing Food, Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ristorante La Dora

Ristorante La Dora
Ranked #329 of 5,668 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Olympic Park & Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (HoMa)
Description: Family owned and operated for three generations since 1940. Presently celebrating our 77th anniversary. Authentic homestyle Italian food.
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing Food, Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had reserved for 9 people for my father in law 80's birthday and I had asked for a table near the front of the restaurant. While the place was packed they were able to arrange it (which was very nice).

I should start by saying that I am a Fan of La Dora, this is an down to earth Italian restaurant with amazing owners that will go out of their way to please their customers.

The group started with a mix of appetizers (from escargots to a nice salad and my favorite Italian sausage with their homemade tomato sauce), everyone was please and the ambiance was great.

La Dora has a nice selection of wines including "private selections" which are extremely well priced. We opted for a red wine "Knut" which was very nice and enjoyable.

Again for the main dish being a group of 9 we had a large selection of their amazing food, my nieces had a pizza and penne, they wanted to share so the kitchen split their meal (which is always better than trying to do it at the table.

My spouse had the filet mignon and shrimp which was to die for. My father in law had fish (filet) it was tasty and extremely enjoyable for him.

I had the Spaghetti with a meat ball and a sausage.... AMAZING !!!

We closed off the meal with deserts, coffee and drinks (I had the profiterole with chocolate... to die for).

All and all a true authentic Italian restaurant with other choices if you are not in the mood for pizza / pasta / Italian food.

The food (as amazing as it) was was second only by the outstanding service provided. At this restaurant Gary and his wife will make you feel like you are part of the family.

While this is outside the downtown area this restaurant is worth the visit, I have traveled in many cities around the would and this is in the top 5 best Italian restaurant and if you compare "Quality / Price" this is one of the best restaurant anywhere ....

Do yourself a favor and go for a visit.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Robert5635

Repentigny, Quebec, Canada
“Super all the way !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I had eaten at that italian restaurant years ago when the son of the owner was a good friend of mine,but with time,he went to work outside the province and I moved to the suburd.
I went back to that restaurant,last week,with my wife,and nothing has changed, the food is great,the ambiance truly italian,with the smell of spices and garlic.
One small remark: the terrace during the rush-hour,is quite noisy!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Andretrudelle
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Excellent meal - true authentic Italian!
Service was solid and meal was well priced.
Recommend for couples, families with teens

• Visited August 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
“very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

very good quality for the price! take lucie la framboise, its excellent!