“from a Chef's”

Casa Galicia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Galicia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #885 of 5,668 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Olympic Park & Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (HoMa)
Montreal, Canada
“from a Chef's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

we visit this restaurant due to a promotion for tapas..I try to be objective and not emotional. 1.there were 8 tapas.menu. the cod fish ball 7/10, octopus 7/10, spanish jambon 7/10,grill mushroom 7/10, calmarie 8/10, spanish omelet 3/10,(tasteless and too much potato), grill chorizo. 5/10 (if you like chorizo), garlic shrimps 5/10 (small and overcooked). After these tapas, we are still hungry so we order a Paella for two. 3/10 (mussels overcooked and not fresh, very few calamarie and shrimps and clams), lot of rice but not tasty , has a saffron color but no taste. the worst of all, they charge $60 ... total bill for 1 bottle of wine $53, 8 tapas and 1 paeilla for 2 up to $314 plus tips for 4 persons. There is only one waiter...service is very slow but friendly when there are more than 5 tables. my advice : eat what's good and check price and quantity before ordering

• Visited July 2012

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Deliciously friendly staff and quaint Spanish decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Charming old style Spanish restaurant is one flight up on the colorful Rue Saint Denise. Lovely interior with table cloth and Spanish décor. Very Romantic. Tables not too close together. Sweet murals on the walls. This restaurant is a labor of love for all the staff. Little stage with live Flamenco performances on Friday and Saturday. Soup of the day was a very rich not overly creamy Lobster bisque.. off to a great start, followed by a house mixed salad with a creamy vinaigrette. The main course was a seafood and poultry paella that had an ample offering of mussels, clams, some shrimp and tasty sausage. The restaurant offered many traditional paellas including lobster, rabbit and what I would like to order next time the Audalucia style. The desert was a cream filled jelly roll that I would likely pass on in the future.
The show was not what I expected but I love the spirit of the dancer who has many years of experience and showed her true love for her craft.
The staff could not have been more welcoming and made the dinner a complete pleasure.

• Visited April 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

I just came back from this restaurant, not as bad as the reviews put it. The food was not bad..not as fresh as I wanted to be. The flamenco show felt a bit cheesy but the individual performer put a lot of effort into their dance.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank steez54
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the try, Portuguese not Spanish from Spain!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

Very expensive compared to what you eat, Im not the pickiest in the world but most of the dishes are really not what I was expecting:
1- Service with no courtesy, they were crabby with fake smiles (you feel it..)
2- Quantity was really below average, thank God Schwartz was not far from there to calm down my stomach.
3- I paid 20$ for a dish of 3 small uncooked calamari !!!!!!! What a rip off...

1 Thank El_Rey_777
Montreal
“Terrible. I would never go back and would never recommend this”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

I planned what was suppose to be an amazing place for my friend travelling out of town. It turned into the only terrible time of the weekend but what a mark it made! We walked into an empty restaurant and sat down as when we reserved we were boasted with promises of Flamengo dances and a sernading the guest of honor. Not only did we never receive a sernade but we were put into another room away from the dancers and never got to see the show. It took over an hour just to receive our appetizers which hardly anyone received what they ordered and trying to order wine inbetween service was next to impossible. Once the restaurant started to fill up, we knew were were never going to get attention. We tried to receive the tapas we were missing but instead ended up waiting another hour and a half for our main meal. Our main meal was obviously under a heating lamp for a while and again, the order was wrong. We asked for our bill immediately twice and as always they ignored us and was rude when we finally got their attention. It took us over 30 minutes to try and figure out our bill as they charged us for things we didn't eat and they didn't service us. When we tried to tell them what exactly we ordered, they would add more things to our bill trying to charge us almost triple of what we owed. We finally threw what we should have pay if everything was properly serviced and left. I would never wish such an experience to anyone and I can't believe when we tried to discuss our service with a manager, they told us it was all our fault for not telling them we wanted to eat and leave within 3 hours and that they didnt' do anything wrong with our meal. I should have looked into the reviews before I went there because this place was a nightmare.

• Visited March 2011