“Great food, excellent service....what more can you ask for”
Review of La Cantina - CLOSED

La Cantina
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Montreal
“Great food, excellent service....what more can you ask for”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We went on Friday night for the first time after reading the rave reviews on Trip Advisor......and we were thrilled we did!

The house appetizers are excellent.

All three appetizers that followed were outstanding......the highlight was definitely my wife's mushrooms which were absolutely amazing.

My Linguini alle vongole was as good as I have had anywhere in the world.

As promised they adapted a dish on the menu superbly for my vegetarian daughter.

The house chianti was also excellent and unlike at many restaurants my Heineken was the perfect temperature.

The service is attentive, never obtrusive.

Certainly worth the trip to the "a little-out-of-the-way" gem.

3 Thank SteveKMontreal

Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best italian food I ever had !”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I wanted to bring my girlfriend to a nice italian restaurant since it's her favorite food..I had looked it up on this website and googled about la cantina, only to find good reviews. We went and the food was AMAZING! The service was top notch, the waiters bring you on the house apetizers and bread to begin with. We shared the eggplant parmesan as an antipasti wich was to die for, and then she had the lasagna while i had the manicotti...we both had a bite of each other's plate and both were AMAZING. The best lasagna she and i ever tasted, and the manicotti was amazing too. We did not have wine so I can't tell you about the wine but i've heard good things about it too. For the price, the meal was absolutly delicious. Will go back !

Toronto, Canada
“The secret in the sauce- AMAZING”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

8 girls from Toronto, took the cab ride out to this gem of a place! I had the Pancetta with Mushrooms in a Rose Sauce. Let me say this was awesome! even the soup starter was so fresh and right temp. everyone was thrilled with TASTE. elegant/classy with charm. Nice to have the manager/owner come to our table as well.

out of 8 people, all were happy and I will def come visit this place if I find myself in Montreal ,3

Montreal, Canada
“better with age.”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have been at La Cantina many many times over the years and always thought " it cant get any better "
My last visit proved me wrong , as someone who has been to many top end restaurants in many countries this last visit resulted in one of the very best meals I have ever experienced .
Freshest ingredients , nothing " pre cooked" superbly prepared to better than perfect taste.
Service as always top notch.

Nice
“Bestitalian food in montreal”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you want to try this restaurent,you will always have and eat great food.The taste will always be the same and the staff is always ready to help you in trying something different.Your wine list starts of really low and you can have the best wine at LA CANTINA.So next time in montreal try this little fine restaurent.

1 Thank Graceelio