“A good meal.”

Ranked #2,497 of 5,778 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Our restaurant aims at providing delicious, authentic foods with good service at affordable prices. We have been well appreciated by our loyal customers for the last fifteen years.
Montreal, Canada
“A good meal.”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

I walked in La Belle Thailandaise on a late Friday night. The place was busy. The servers were all busy, yet, I was greeted as soon as I walked in. From afar, a server pointed out a table and I walked over. I obtained a menu really quickly. I ordered a "rouleau printanier" (the cold noodle rice wrap) and a rice noodle dish. The rouleau printanier was a good size for the price they charge for it. It obviously was already made as it arrived to my table a few seconds after I ordered it. It was still very fresh, it was not soggy and I would have ordered another one if not for the fact that I had a noodle dish coming. The rouleau was very good.

My noodle dish arrived to the table. It smelled great, the amount of food was good and it tasted awesome.

The service was very good.

Definitely going back.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank andre50781

“Tasty, well-priced food with vegr options”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Had dinner at LBT after our host recommended the place to us. We were not disappointed. Service was impeccable. The food was quite good, and I was glad to see a lot of vegetarian options on the menu (which is very important for me as I eat very little meat). I had a grilled tofu dish and my wife ate a chicken stir fry. The price we paid was very reasonable.

Would definitely recommend those who want a solid, cheap Thai meal to visit LBT.

• Visited March 2014
Canada
“Great food for great price”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

What more can I say..... Tasty food with a lot of vegetarian options! BYOB. Love it!! This is a great place for a dinner with friends or a casual night out.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank lit_butterfly13
Montreal
“NOT authentic!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Serves me right for being too lazy to go to my usual Thai place! (Restaurant Thailande on Bernard).

I was nearby and decided to order the tom yum with shrimp and sticky rice to go. The soup had pieces of pineapple, celery and green peppers, things you'd never find in authentic tom yum. The broth was really not tasty and therefore didn't make up for the crazy ingredients.

I usually have sticky rice with my tom yum. When I asked whether or not they had any sticky rice, the woman said they did, but neglected to mention that it's sticky rice with coconut milk (meaning it was sweetened, and therefore meant for dessert). I love Thai cuisine and I have visited so many bad ones that I have learned some of the telltale signs. Among them are pineapple in the tom yum, and no sticky rice with your meals.

All in all, I had a terrible experience. I usually try to avoid writing negative reviews without allowing the place a second chance, but I can't possibly justify going there again. This is not authentic Thai cuisine!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank LudmillaMontreal
Manchester, CT
“Small portions but very good”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The food was very good, the service was little slow but we didn't mind. Great atmosphere and had many vegetarian options which was great.

Visited October 2012
Thai4514, Owner at La Belle Thailandaise, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you for you very positive review. For the speed of service, we will try to improve. Thank you for pointing it out. Hope you have a more enjoyable experience the next time you dine at our restaurant.