“Best Breakfast in Town!”

Restaurant L'Avenue
Ranked #21 of 6,065 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Known for its lavish dishes and friendly staff, restaurant L’Avenue is hands down the go-to spot for early breakfasts and brunches that draw out until late afternoon!
Reviewed August 18, 2014

With multiple types of Eggs Benedict and omelets there are no shortage of choices to start your day. All breakfast start with a fresh skewer of fruit.

I can get used to the bowls of coffee in this city!

While you will wait up to 30 minutes, this place is the hot breakfast place in town.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

My family was really excited about eating here, after seeing an episode of You Gotta Eat Here. We had to wait about half an hour, on a Friday morning and were seated in a booth that was a bit small for the five of us, but that's ok. Our server was very nice and gave us a lot of time to go over the menu, which took a bit of time since it was in French, and there was a LOT to choose from.

My husband, myself and oldest son, all opted for the sweet and salty eggs benedict, which was eggs benedict served on two thick cut slices of french toast. We all loved the first one, but none of us could eat the second one, as the taste combination got to be a bit much for us. My daughter ordered french toast with nutella and strawberries. They are NOT stingy with the nutella! It came slathered in it, and plenty of fresh strawberries. She was in heaven, and even though she's only 8, she nearly got through 3/4 of the huge plate. My younger son ordered pancakes with peanut butter, bacon and bananas. He loved it. Said it was the best pancakes he'd ever eaten and wishes we'd gone back before we left.

The bathrooms are hilarious, so make sure to check them out before you leave!

1  Thank KMF0119
Reviewed July 31, 2014

My partner and I went to this very popular and well known restaurant for brunch. She ordered the Canadian Breakfast whilst I had Eggs Benedict. We loved the skewers of fresh fruit that came with them - almost as much as we would usually eat for a normal breakfast. The dishes when they came were really tasty with the freshness of the ingredients coming through. The portions were enormous, even too much, but really attractive looking. We had made the mistake of ordering a smoothy on top, which even though it was shared, meant I could barely walk out of the restaurant.
Add to that the funky decor and friendly if somewhat slow service - the place was packed - and this was a real experience. It was the best breakfast/brunch I had eaten in a good while.
Do also visit the toilets - very cool.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

After waiting in line for more than 40 min (week day), we finally got seated. Service was great and menu offers a large choice of brunches. Our table of 5 ordered 5 different types of brunches and we were all disapointed. My plate included spinach and tomatoes which were bathing in oil, the bread was also covered of oil... Really not healthy and inviting. The eggs and the coffee were nice, but the overall experience was disapointing. I've had better brunches in Montreal....

1  Thank Jennouillette
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This place has a funky decor throughout and a very creative menu. The food is excellent and our service was very good.perfect pace for a breakfast place with a huge line up out the door! Get there before 10:00 if you want to avoid the line.