“A can't-miss dining experience in Montreal”

Restaurant L'autre Saison
Ranked #477 of 5,778 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Montreal, Canada
“A can't-miss dining experience in Montreal”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

As an all too frequent traveler, I stay in tons of hotels, eat in tons of dives and restaurants. Montreal is one of the best eating towns in North America, and among the many places I've visited here, THE BEST is L'Autre Saison. I was walking around Ste Catherine Street looking for food a couple of weeks ago, and came upon Crescent Blvd, spotted a sushi sign, and in I went. It wasn't bad. The following week I thought I'd try it again, it was packed, so I went further down Crescent, and found L;Autre quite by accident.
I sat at the bar (I like bars) and got chatted up by the bartender (who turned out to be the owner), the waiter, the other folks at the bar. Very pleasant atmosphere. I love the light music they pump in, the decor, the old world feel. Had the duck breast with veggies. Their mushroom plate was fantastic. The food and service could not have been better. It's not a cheap place, but you absolutely get what you pay for. This is THE place to bring a date.
I returned this week, and had an even better meal and overall experience. Filet mignon and asparagus. Lava cake for dessert. They remembered what I drank from the previous visit.
Before leaving town, I had to pop in one last time, just for a nightcap. Also ordered their apple tart/pie. Incredible.
This is the friendliest place I can think of in Montreal. In a city known for its many restaurants, this is my new favorite. Can't say enough good stuff about it.

• Visited April 2014

Vancouver
“Magnificent”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Recommended by our concierge and arrived to a nicely located reserved table and treated as guests to a french county side home. Our food was recommended and served piping hot and tasted delicious. It was better than expected.

• Visited March 2014
“will not return”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Ambience is very pleasant, service was good (though I had heard it is not always good) and menu has a variety of interesting options. I ordered scallops and was disappointed: they were mushy and tasteless. My companion was happy with the ribs he got. For the price, I will not return to L'Autre Saison.

• Visited February 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Food is good but Manager attitude is bad”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The food is good. I will give it 4/5 for the food. But I was treated badly by the manager. I used the Groupon. I brought my print out to the restaurant. Suddenly an old man approach with an offensive attitude saying that my Groupon is invalid

I asked him if he has computer with internet so that I can login to Groupon site and show him the Groupon. He refused and asked to call Groupon myself. He kept saying that he could not help me. He asked me to go to photocopy center myself to reprint the Groupon.

Finally, I got my coupon show up on my cellphone (which take a lot of time) and he was able to claim it. My Groupon is finally valid but he didn't even apologize for any inconvenience he made.

It is fine that if you doubt a custom groupon or discount. But please do not come forward with a offensive attitude. The manager is rude and ruined my dinner with my wife. I don't want to get back to this restaurant anymore even the food was good.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank tony t
Montreal
“Ok restaurant”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The restaurant is very well decorated. We went for lunch, it was quiet , so we could enjoy the french music in the background.
The food is Ok ,but what surprised us that they charged for $7.50 for a bottle of water. We thought that when they asked if we wanted water, like all restos water is free!!!
The waiter Kazim was polite and friendly.

Visited January 2014