“a great brownstone restaurant with atmosphere”

Restaurant L'autre Saison
Ranked #719 of 6,036 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The daily Menu is just great and the décor Beaux-Arts or Belle Epoque reminds me Paris and from a Proust novel. The staff is attentive and dedicated to his elegant customers... a little jewel and a culinary experience at a fair price... I was with TV producers who were charmed by the restaurant...

1  Thank Alexis400

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Me and my wife were only wandering around to grab a couple of bites to eat until we saw this beautiful terrace of L'autre Saison. It seemed very quite at the beginning even though the weather was doing not so bad. We were very welcomed by the staff and placed gently to a nice table at the terrace. We decided to try the escargot and duck foie gras. (I strongly recommend, best I've ever had!) Fortunately it started to shower all of a sudden (U know Montreal) so we had to run inside of the restaurant. I say fortunately because if it didn't rain we might not have the chance to see inside, a tastefully designed environment! We ate our main dish, the rack of lamb, in a cute small table in this astonishing atmosphere. Thank you Kazim, and the stuff (Ufuok & Armand) for an unforgettable time! See you soon!

Mark and Jolie from Boston.

1  Thank A B
Reviewed September 2, 2013

By reading the different and contradicting reviews you ask sometimes how people can have such a different opinions on this restaurant. I think that if you have a positive and good attitude towards people, you get the same reaction from them as well.
We discovered this restaurant last month, and since then we went back five times. We were welcomed warmly by Kazim and the waiters every time. Spoke with few regulars around our table and each time we heard good comments about the food and the service. No 18% gratuity was automatically added to our bill and we had on top of that a complimentary digestive at the end of our meal.
Great restaurant! Go in with a smile and you will have a great outing.

1  Thank Leotibot
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had a lovely table which was great for people watching in this upscale neighborhood near the museum of fine arts. The food was better than average and made for a pleasant leisurely lunch.

1  Thank frank r
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant by accident since there are a lot of restaurants in Montreal. We liked the look of the menu so we gave it a shot. I hadn't checked TripAdvisor yet. The inside of the restaurant is very well appointed, a truly wonderful place to be. You'll certainly feel like you are in Paris. While we were waiting for menus I pulled up TripAdvisor and I was like oh, oh...maybe a big mistake. As it turned out the fears were unfounded even though I was prepared for the worst given the reviews on here. I don't know what was going on during these other reviews but for us it was a simple meal out. The owner was pleasant, the wait staff was excellent and the food well prepared. Do keep in mind that you are paying for bottled water by the glass.

1  Thank T G