“A hit with two Afghan novices”
Review of Khyber Pass

Khyber Pass
Ranked #140 of 5,944 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Afghani
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: The restaurant Khyber Pass proposes to you an unforgettable trip in Afghanistan. Typically decorated, this restaurant offers plentiful scented and aromatized traditional meals to you. The cook, a true Afghan mom, makes sure that the whole is never spiced too much! Dessert Entries, you will learn many things on the culture of Afghanistan because the waiters are in majority of Afghan origin. Even if Lamb is the specialty, the diversified menu has something to please you all. Come and discover a different cuisine which will surely charm you and let you be transported in a country which only waits to be discovered for its richness!
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Really enjoyed my first taste of Afghan food here. Delicious flavours and unusual menu items. Quail kebab is inspired!
The restaurant is a bit unsophisticated, but the staff are friendly and service was good.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Discovered it a few years ago and still return when I get the chance. If you've never tried Afghan food, it is spiced without being spicy; full of flavour but not overwhelming. The lamb, lentils and rose water desert were all delicious. Reservations are a MUST.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

...a trip to Afghanistan right in the heart of Montreal. The staff is nice and happy to share about its culture and food...food not only delicious but nicely presented . The beautiful paintings and garden with an ambiance music...we will certainly come back! Thank you to the kind and smiling persons who prepared and served this great food....we had also a young Bruce Lee look-alike serving at the table...:)

1  Thank Deen U
Reviewed June 16, 2012

After the flight from the UK and then a looong taxi ride to our B&B, we just wanted somewhere quick and easy for dinner. The Khyber Pass was perfect, great food and a wide selection of small and large dishes. The quail kebab that I had was out of this world, my wife's leek pasta dumplings were a realy treat and reminded us a a great mix of many asian style dumplings we've tried before. I cant remember how much it cost, but it seemed pretty fair (blame the jet lag). I just hope we get chance to go back before we leave Montreal, and enjoy it while a little bit more awake.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

One of my top 5 favorite resto in Mtl since I moved here in 2001. The best lentil soup and the best lamb in town!
Big portions, so be hungry!