“All inclusive menu”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed July 15, 2013

When this restaurant was starting it was pretty good -even very good....but with chain expansion & popularity some of the quality has faded. The one in the West Island is perhaps still the best but haven't been recently.

There are newer reviews for Kanda

Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you like sushi then Kanda is for you, granted this is not upscale fancy sushi, but honest and fresh sushi. For $14.99 you can eat all you want from a decent menu, albeit not as much choices than in the evening, but for $14.99 what can you really expect? Overall, the food is good, the place is clean, the service is so so. If you are in a hurry, make sure to go early, they start at 11:30AM for lunch.

2  Thank DavidAdda
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I love the choices on the menu. Not just the sushi but the kitchen menu is quite varied. The best bargain is the lunch menu. I have visited almost every location Kanda has. My favorite one is the one in Pointe Claire, but a very close second and probably taking over my first place is the location on Decarie and Jean Talon. You can bring your own wine and the decor is gorgeous.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I always try to find something nice to say about places I eat at, and for this one, it was the service. The waiters were attentive, smiling, and fast. A little too fast as all your orders come in at once, but I would rather that than having to wait forever. I have never had a sit down meal where half an hour later I was out the door.

This was our first time eating here, we didn't know what to expect, but we like trying new places. As the food came in, we noticed the colour of the sushimi was off, the tuna smelled fishy, the shrimp was soft, the whole time during the meal all we could think of is "Are we going to be sick after this meal?" Luckily we weren't. They charge you 1$ for every piece you don't eat. RIGHT! like I was going to actually pay EXTRA for old fish. The sushimi was inedible, I stuffed it in my napkin. They should have paid ME to eat that stuff.

The sushi was fine, the hand-rolls ok, The cost was approx. 26$ /person. had some house wine, total of about 90$ for a meal that wasn't worth 10$!!

We opted out of a second order which is something we never do, and I'm sorry to say, I will never EVER eat here again.

2  Thank Sabrina S
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The sushi is okay, I have never been sick but know that they do things in advance. It may have just been our table but we received a pile of salmon sashimi and tuna sashimi that were still somewhat frozen in the middle. It was still okay but it was just that, okay, there is nothing super special about the place. It does the job and at a very fair price.